Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

my period just wont stop its been going for about a month

i have been to the docs in the past but they don't care

its getting me down and i just want it to end

Quite heavy at times with some clots

• I had a similar problem. I don't want to tell you what to do with your body, so I'll tell you my steps.

1. I went to my regular physician to have an entire blood panel run. (There could be an underlying chemical problem)
    2.Once that produced no results I contacted my Gyn. When/If I felt like I wasn't being listened to, I told them so.
    3. I found a Dr. that listened. They ran tests, many, many tests.
    4. We discussed different birth control options that might help.
    5. I tried multiple birth control methods.
    6. I discussed my options regarding Thermal Ablasion or Cryo Ablasion
    7. Had the ablasion done
    8. When Ablasion didn't work, we discussed other options
    9. I just had a hysterectomy 4 weeks ago.

Now I'm not saying that you steps will go this far. I hope I didn't scare you!
    This course of my life was years of discussions and treatments.
    The most important thing is to find a doctor you like! This is crucial to being able to have open, frank discussions about your care. The next most important thing is to press the need for (and then go through with) the tests. Sometimes a simple chemical imbalance is the cause. And sometimes finding the right BC pill will do the trick. And don't just try one or two.
    The process might take a while-and believe me I understand the frustration! I've been there. Just don't give up!
    Good luck!
    "An antiquated Grace
    Becomes that cherished Face"
    -Emily Dickinson

Comment

• Are you on any sort of birth control? I was on the depo shot and had mine literally for four months straight. If not, I would definitely suggest going to the doctor asap!

Comment

• not on birth control and don't want to be

went to docs last month and the month before they still didn't help

going a third time will be a waste of time

which i don't have due to work and location of docs

last time i went to the docs my period ended on that day lol

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X