Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeast infection??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast infection??

Hey everyone,

I was fooling around with my boyfriend on thursday and I didn't do too great of a job cleaning up afterwards. Today (saturday) I was feeling uncomfortable down there and it's all red and kinda itches/hurts but it doesn't burn when I pee. Yeah, I have discharge and it's clear/white but I almost always have discharge. I have also never had a yeast infection before and recently had a pap test/blood work done just over a month ago and everything was a-okay.

Is there a way to take over the counter drugs to get rid of a yeast infection without going to a doctor?

• Oh, and is treatement even necessary? I'm not sure if it's even a yeast infection. Can you just let it be until it goes away?

Comment

• That really doesnt sound like a yeast infection to me. It usually itchey and kind of irritated. My discharge is white and chessy but I never see it on my underwear I see it on my fingers after scratching down there. If it is yeast yes you can buy over the counter yeast cream the 7 day one works better There are several brands in the aisle where you find pads and tampons. Even grocery stores have them.If you've never had this before it's better to go to a Doctor first to check.

Comment

• Yeah, now that I think about it it's not really "itchy" just kinda irritated.

Comment

• Love, you might just have had a little more strenuous sex than usual or maybe too often? So give a few days with no sex to see if it's better. By the way yeast infections are not serious or anything that can be transmitted but you shouldn't have sex when you have an infection. So never be ashmaed of it or anything yeast infections happen all the time.

Comment

• Okay, thanks everyone! ^_^

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X