Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hysterecotmy I have to loose weight before my surgery need help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hysterecotmy I have to loose weight before my surgery need help

Hi Alibaby,
    I went back to gi doctor because my stomach pains were getting worst. He did every test that he could do and found nothing wrong with me. I finally has to switch gi doctor because every time I called his office to see if I could get some medicine to help with the gas and bloating I just got the run around they never return my phone call. I deside to switch gi doctor I'm so glad that I did. I told him all about my problem that I was having with my stomach. He ask me if my OBGYN would reccmend doing a hysterectomy I said yes she has agreed to do a hysterectomy. He also agree that it would help a whole allot with the gas and bloating that I get each month with my period. I'm hoping to be able to do it in August. I have to loose some weight before I have my surgery. I've been trying having no luck at all. My old gi doctor thought I was lacto to all milk products and thought I might have IBS I don't think so because I only got the IBS when I eas on my period. Also have you every tried colon cleansing. Any feed back would be great thanks. Jill Cloos

• Don't do something so ratical unless you are sure.

I am going to ask that you go to two more Doctors and then way it up.

IBS is not a recognised disease, it's not, no one knows how to diagnose it, you can, by what you eat.

You say you are overweight, if you want to see if the pain goes way ( I suffer from this), stop eating meat and start eating loads of greens anything green, fish and chicken, and skip meat, eggs, cream, cheese, chilli, and see if it eases if it does, then you don't need such a painful, non-reversable proceedure.

Doctors only know what you tell them.

Time to experiment and worse result? You lose weight.

Which is your question.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Whoa, whoa, whoa! You're going to have a hysterectomy because of gas and bloating!
      Seriously consider evaluating your diet and making some serious changes to your eating habits before doing something soooo drastic.

Comment

• hi there

Comment

• For Sourpuss,
          The real reason that I'm having a hysterectomy I've been having on going problem with my periods my old internal medicine doctor to a OBGYN because I was having so many problem with my period my cramps were so bad every month I miss a day or to of work she did several pelvic ultrasound all of my test result came back negative. So she had me try several different birth control pills they all made me sick and I was missing work. I also was seeing a lady gi doctor the time she only gave me medicine did order any test to find out if it was my glad I had to switch a new doctor because my mom after 31 years she deside not to work and more I end up firing my new doctor because after 3 months I no where with her she kept telling me that they was nothing wrong with but there was I found a new internal medicine doctor she is wonderful and very understanding she sent me to a new gi doctor I told him about the problem that I was having with my stomach he order me to have two test done the first one was a colonscopy he found nothing the second test was a upper endoscopy I found out the it was not my gallnladder but I had acid reflex and hisatus herna. Two year down thew road I still was having problem so My OBGYN deside to do a laperascopy to see if I have endometriosis it turn out that I did not have endometriosis. A year later I was still having problem So my new internal medicine doctor sent me back to gi doctor to see maybe it might be my gallbladder once again it was not my gallbladder. Next he wanted me to do the capasule endoscopy once agtaing that test came back negative. So I ask him he he wouldgive me some medicine to help with my stomach pains I kept calling every day and CVS to see if my medicine was called in they said no so I then called my doctor back the nurse said she would give my doctor the massage after 3 months I gave up and switch gi doctor my new gi doctor is wonderful and very understanding he gave me some medicine to help for my adbominal cramping until I have surgery on August the 3 2009. He also said he did not think it was my gallbladder he said it has more to do with my period and agree with my OBGYN to do a hysterectomy. Also he did not think that I have IBS because I would have it all of the time not just when I'm not my period. Ever since I found out that I had acid reflex and hisatus hernia I've been on I've been on both those deit. I still have no luck looseing weight. I was put on a milk free product for awhile but they thought I was lacto to all milk product I'm now back having milk products and have not as much problem as before I think I might have had a stomach infection at the time I('m also having problem lossing body fat too. Thanks Allot Jill Closs

Comment

• New Thread closed and contents moved here Jill, as this is your thread pertaning to hysterectomy...

Seems you've been through a heck of a lot though...

Take Care.

CW

Comment

• re-surgery

Dear Chandlers Wish,
              Thank for the reply. I will let you know how I made out after my surgery on August 3. Thanks Jill Closs

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

Today, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.
              • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

Today, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

Yesterday, 10:29 PM By jns

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you’re talking about a sex toy that activates/triggers with notifications or activity at work? So like something...

Yesterday, 07:30 PM By Alison H.
              • Making everyday routine joyful

Hey, ladies!

Seems like human interaction and communication is becoming more and more virtual as our world is becoming more digitalized....

Yesterday, 01:01 PM By in_love_with_females

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X