Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mestrual Cycle Issues Need Help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mestrual Cycle Issues Need Help

About 4 yrs ago i started to experience irregular cycles on off again type deal (no biggie). But it seems like everything is out of control now since Feb this year I have been experiencing clotty, heavy, severe cramps during my cycles sometimes lasting up to 7-14 days with spotting between.

Late March I had to have a blood transfusion which the physicians believe is due to my heavy cycles. Since my GYN has provided me with pills to take and the Depro shot to stop the bleeding but guys this is just not working I am still experiencing a cycle but now with more irregular spotting and bleeding.

This is horrible my day to day functioning is suffering because of this I wear more black then ever before. I feel like I am on an emotional rollercoasters. I notice that my work, home life is suffering I am not able to participate in the day to day activities with my kids all I want to do is sleep and be alone my husband has moved out of the bedroom (he has been very supportive trying to do thing plan things for us to do I just don't have the energy to do.) as a manager of a call center it can be very demanding of ones time and patients which patients is something I no longer have.

Am I going crazy or is this normal phase of life I am going through?

• Update

I went to see the doctor today and I was given a different birth control to take and it was recommended that I take iron shots instead of the pills.

I could have just passed out when she told me to try one more drug therapy... :confused

what is one to do. I was considering a second opinion

Comment

• A Woman's body is so different from one to the other.

At least they are trying to find a way, but 4 years is ridiculous i think, there must be an answer for you and the only likely thing that i would have thought of was changing the pill until one seems to keep it light, as they should do.

If she / he has suggested Iron tablets, then start eating as much broccoli and greens as you can in addition and see if that helps.

This has really effected your life, your marriage, your family, your work, you whole being and you need to get it sorted.

Nothing wrong with a second opinion, get aggressive and demand answers and don't stop until you get one.

Sorry for what your going through.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• You don't say old you are, could you be in perimenopause? Go down to the library and get the Dec 2008 issue of More magazine. They had an excellent article on various treatments and why it is that many ob/gyns aren't aware of or don't do them. You should read this. Then certainly get another opinion. I don't know your circumstances but you might ask if a D&C and Ablation would be a possible help. I'm 51 and was having almost continual bleeding for several months. I had this procedure and it was one of the best things I've ever done! No more bleeding, no mess, no fuss, PMS wasn't really a problem but I feel much nore emotionally balanced.

Two of my sisters have had this done as well with good results although after two years, one who is 46, has started to get light periods again but nothing like she had before. She had bad fibriods, I didn't.

It may be worth consideration. Your situations sounds miserable.

Comment

• conti

I thought I mentioned my age guess not but I am 34 years old. After the blood transfusion I changed my diet started eating a lot more green leafy vegetable, liver, beets, etc... About 3 years ago I had minor out patient to remove some fibroids. I obtained a referral from my PCP she recommended a GYN for a 2nd opinion when I explained my situation they were able to work me in this week.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X