Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brown discharge before period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brown discharge before period

i'm 17 years old &i had sex the 24th of july. my period usually comes around the first week of every month. on the 25th of july, i got, or so i thought, my period. but it went from being a normal flow period that night, to the next day going to a light, brown discharge. and i've had it ever since.
    when we had sex, he got off on the bed &i didn't pay attention and i sat right up right in it.
    do you think that this is just ironic that i'm getting discharge the day after, or do you think that it's just coming because it's before my period.
    should i be worrrried?

• Might be a good idea just to check and make sure but i do know brown discharge is normal either before or after your period. If this is the first time its happened i suggest check it out or wait till a few other posters reply to this. When in doubt check it out! good luck

Comment

• If you are ever unsure of something, sometimes the only reassurance is getting it checked out. But I can tell you that it is common in a lot of cases. Most times it is old blood that may not have passed during your previous cycles, etc. For about a year, I was not having any periods, but would randomly spot a brownish discharge for a couple of hours during that time of the month. During my last annual pap, I asked my Dr and he wasn't concerned about it.

Comment

• I actually have the brown discharges monthly. Before and after my periods. My paps are always normal. But to take care of your body its best to find out whats going on inside. Our reproductive system is delicate and we only get one chance to take care of it. Doctor knows best!

Comment

• now what....

so i still never got my full period. could that have been my period, just a little big lighter just because of sex? i took a test &it was negative but i'm still worried. does anyone think i'm really pregnant just from cum being on me down there? should i be concerned?

Comment

• discharge on birth control

I've been on Yaz for almost a year now. For the first 10 months it worked perfectly, but my last 2 months at the beginning of my pack im perfectly normal, then i get a whitish, slightly off smelling discharge. Then a week and a half before my period that goes away and i get a brown discharge and spot occasionally. I'm good about taking my pill everyday, so whats up with this? is it yaz or could it be something else?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

07-29-2021, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
            • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
            • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
              could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
            • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
            • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
            Working...
            X