Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yeast infecton... what happens?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeast infecton... what happens?

hi everyone.
    i went to the doctor two days ago and was diagnosed with a yeast infection and was prescribed a little pink one time pill that was supposed to clear up my infecton in 2 to 5 days...
    i am just curious to know kind of the healing process because now when i go to the bathroom, i have what looks like reddish discharge, as if something were running out of me (sorry a little graphic). it is not a lot and once i wipe once or twice it goes away until i go back to the bathroom.
    is this what happens when a yeast infection heals? i had a little discharge before taking the medicine but now since i have taken it, it seems like there is more.
    thank you for any advice that i will be given.

• It isn't uncommon to have an increase in discharge while the YI heals...the diflucan is killing off the yeast, and the infection has to come out somehow.

I'm not 100% sure about the color of the discharge, that's never happened to me personally...but I know that pink/reddish discharge IS a common symptom of a yeast infection for many women, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

It may take a few more days for your symptoms to clear up. If they get worse over the next couple of days, or if they're not gone by a week from the day you took the pill, I'd call the doc just to make sure you don't need a second dose or to be seen again.

Comment

• Diva is right...see your GYN if the condition continues for the full five days...you may need a second prescription...

As for blood / discharge colour...that too is normal and even when healthy, a monthly discharge can be pinkish sometimes and not a dark red as expected...

It's wise to always have a followup visit to your GYN after a yeast infection. You should also enquire of douching after your infection is cleared. If you have yeast infection often your GYN may suggest douching at a montly interval using something stronger than the normal over-the-counter douche, but don't try doing things without recommendations from your GYN...

Gosh, what we girls have to go thru and our men think we have life so easy...grrrrrr....!

Sandra_does...

Comment

• oooops...

I meant to type...
        lafemelle is right...

Comment

• Douching is not generally a good idea, it upsets the natural balance of the vagina. At one time in my life I had quite a bit of trouble with yeast. No doctor ever suggested douching as a part of treatment.

Comment

• thank you all for your help. it has made me a little less nervous due to what i had been going through. it has now been 7 days since taking the medication and i am still ecperiencing the heavier discharge. i am setting up an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, since i feel like it is not going away.
            all the typical symptoms of a yeast ingection are gone except for the discharge/ spotting of a brownish/blood sort of color.
            could i be needing another dose of the medication or could there be something worse?
            thank you again!!!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

07-29-2021, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
            • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
            • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
              could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
            • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
            • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
            Working...
            X