Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provera.. and still no period!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provera.. and still no period!!

Hi,

Okay so I haven't had my period in 2 months!! IM not pregnant..i checked, although i wish i was.. so neways my doctor put me on provera to force my period.. for 10 days. its been 3 days since I finshed the 10 day pills.. and still no period.. has neone used this "provera" before!!!??? help im freaking out.. and I feel like I won't be able to have kids pls help me .

dazed and confused

• On Depo provena I didn't get my period.
    Which was the intention.

You might be so stressed out you
    won't get it.

Studies all over the world have proven
    over and over again that a stressed out
    woman will not get her period.

It's a survival trait.

Comment

• I had the opposet problem when I was on depo I went 4 months with a nonstop flow. That sucked but luckly no long term problems. but i have never heard of just provera. What does that do. and I also hope your body regulates it self I know what it is like to go months with out. that is why I went on the first place. I figured I'm not having one now maybe I can use it and still not get one but not have to worry that i was preggers. because that would really freak out my boyfriend at the time, my now husband. Your not alone though doesnt that make you feel better. lol

Comment

• it's not Depo Provena

It was another medication ...called provera.. and im on day 5 and still no period

Comment

• I was wondering what provera is. I have never heard of it till now I a just curious.

Comment

• what provera is///

basically it just helps force ure period and if ure body is not recognzing to get ure period./ it helps u 2 get it .

Comment

• Ladies,

Provera and Depo Provera are both the same type of birth control called Medroxyprogesterone. In lower doses, Provera will help a woman to start her period or make it regular. In higher doses, it causes a woman not to have a period at all.

If the dosage isn't right, you will not get the desired effect. Keep in mind also, that it takes a while for your body's hormones to balance out on the new drug. You may not see the desired results right away. You need to continue taking your birth control for at least a couple of months to see if it's going to work for you or not. If you still haven't seen improvement, ask about trying a different dose or a different drug all together.

Comment

• I'm pregnant!!

how funny is it that i took provera.. to get my period... and in tuen i got pregnant!! well im happy bout it ... took 2 pregnancy tests..both came out positive.. and went for a blood test today... which shud be 2.. so ..i guess that solves my delimma.

Comment

• My best buddy is trying to have a baby and she went off b/c like 8-9 months ago got her period just fine and then 3 months ago she quit having them and her dr put her on provera and I was just wondering did you ever restart your poeriod she is soo depressed because they are not pregnant yet!! It makes me sad for her!! So I was just curious I want to tell her what you put down and maybe she will feel better about whats going on so if you could give a little more detail that would be wonderful!! Thanks!
                  [♥]Jessica Dawn[♥]

Comment

• Congratulations Zaz!!!

How long were you trying to get pregnant before your doctor put you on Provera?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X