Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink/brown discarge during time I am supposed to have my period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink/brown discarge during time I am supposed to have my period

So, I am on YAZ Birth Control, and have been for about 4 months. I am sometimes very bad at taking my pills at the same time. But, I only ever take them an hour or two later than normal. Also, this month I fell asleep and ended up taking one 6 hours later. I know that this can make the pills very ineffective. I was supposed to get my period 3 days ago (so I am 3 days late). My period used to be very irregular so that was one of the reasons I started using birth control. My periods ever since I have been on birth control have always been normal and at the same time. Me and my boyfriend are sexually active, but he ALWAYS uses a condom. If not, I simply don't allow us to have sex. And we have not had sex for a while, maybe 3 or 4 times since my last period. The day after I was supposed to start my period this month I was having some pink/brown discharge and I just assumed it was my period starting off. But, it went away at the end of the next day. I am very scared that I am pregnant and don't know what I will do if I am. Someone please help? Thanks!

• I would suggest taking a pregnancy test, to start with. If it comes up positive, go see a doctor for a secondary test, and to discuss your options. If it's negative, then you can relax, yeah? It doesn't sound incredibly likely that you are pregnant. Did you have sex the week you took the pill hours late? I've had periods that only lasted a day, but I'm still irregular and not on BC.

Comment

• No, I did not have sex on the day that I took it hours late. I'm going to get a pregnancy test tomorrow. I think I might just be stressing out about possibly being a pregnant and making it worse. It just really freaks me out

Comment

• Chances ? Unlikely... My opinon.

Stress ,yep.

How to do it on-going? next to your daily toothbrush..

Take care

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• It's even less likely then. My guess is you'll come up negative. As CW said, it's probably just stress.

Comment

• Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'm a huge worry-wart so, something like this happen totally stresses me out. I'm going to take a pregnancy test tomorrow, hopefully that will put my mind at ease about this whole thing.

Comment

• I have the merina insert and often have the brown discharge vs an actual period ... at first it freaks me out but the way my periods were I'll take a day or two of this ANY day!
              [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Everything I'm not makes me Everything I am[/FONT];)

Comment

• Well, I took the pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I'm gonna try again in 3 days, and then go to the doctor to get a blood test. I'm gonna try not stressing so much about it.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

07-29-2021, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
                • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
                • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
                  could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
                • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
                • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
                Working...
                X