Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice?

Hi guys..
    For the past year i have been having pain in my right pelvic area, groin and back and a shooting pain down my right leg. The pain is worse when i am on my period, stops say a day after i finish my period. I then have no pain for about 5 days then i start getting an ache, which gets worse and worse right up until i get my period again and then stops. I have been to my GP a million times, i have had god knows how many courses of antibiotics and every STI test you can imagine. I also had a transvaginal scan which showed that i had polycystic ovaries. However, i was told that this was not the cause of my pain.

In March this year i ended up in hospital as the pain was so severe i couldn't stand up, was vomiting non stop and going in and out of conciousness. At the hospital i was given another transvaginal scan which showed up free fluid in my pelvis. All the doctors kept going on about was chlamydia.. even though i had already had tests to show that i didnt have it. It was like they presumed it must be and STI because i'm young. I stayed in for a week as i was given IV antibiotics and was on morphine for the pain.

I am now waiting to have a laparoscopy which will hopefully show what is wrong. At the moment i am in a lot of pain and painkillers do not seem to be helping. I also think i may have some sort of infection as i have a very red, swollen vagina. It is not really itchy, but it is really stinging and feels as though i have cuts there. I also have a lot of smelly discharge which is very light pink.

My question is should i just wait for my laparoscopy app or should i go back to my GP as i am really struggling to cope at the moment.

I have also been quite worried about cancer.. i know that may sound silly but my mum had cervical cancer at 23, as did 2 of my aunties and my great grandmother had ovarian cancer. My dad died of cancer a few years back and my nan died of it a month ago. I know it may seem like i'm worrying about nothing but i would feel better if i could at least have a smear test but i am too young to get one.

I'm sorry this is so long, thanks in advance for any advice.

• Hey sweet.. wow..

Obviously there are more tests needed, I can't and won't begin to be a Doctor.

Wait until you have the laparoscopy.. I can't see that it has anything to do with Cancer, the way you have explained it, it's an infection of some kind, dry Vagina, cuts.... Thrush, discharge that is smelly or STI/STD, which I hope not based on your other threads....

How old are you? I can't see that anyone is too young for a smear test, seriously...

But I can say I had Cervical Cancer 2nd degree, there is Cancer in my family as well but breast... But I had it burnt of 6 years ago and still free of any signs. The moment you are sexual in my opinion Smear tests are okay, it's not for us old ducks, lol I am NOT old, .... they want you to have them every couple of years when you older but active, then you can have one.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Hey! Thanks for posting. I'm 21. I live in London, they don't give smear tests to anyone under 25 here. It's ridiculous. I know i'm worrying about nothing but it would still put my mind at ease, you know?

The soreness has gone now, i got some canesten duo (cream and pill) and it has now disappeared so it must have been thrush. But that was just a side note, i don't think it was connected to my other issues which i have been having for a long time.

I'm in a lot of pain at the moment, had to see an emergency dr yesterday to get some stronger pain killers as the ones i was on were doing nothing for me!

My laparoscopy is on the 2nd oct so i'm just going to have to grin and bear it till then!

But even so, i still think it's silly that they will not give me smear test. Another 4 years i have to wait!

Comment

• I second what Chandler's Wish said, wait until you have the laparoscopy. Your syptoms do sound more like an infection of some sort...

I think that's so funny that they won't let you have a smear test, though. When I was in highschool- and that was back in the 80s- we were told that as soon as you are sexually active, you should have one done every six months!

Comment

• Originally posted by ariel571 View Post
          I think that's so funny that they won't let you have a smear test, though. When I was in highschool- and that was back in the 80s- we were told that as soon as you are sexually active, you should have one done every six months!
          I know! It is absolutely ridiculous. England is a very cheap country. All they care about is cutting costs everywhere! God knows why i pay tax and national insurance when i can't even get one simple test!

Thank you both for your replies, fingers crossed it will all be over soon!

Comment

• Okay...

Thrush, deleted.

Pinched Nerve? Can you organise with someone a "light" I strengthen that word, "LIGHT", massage in the areas you feel pain? Can you afford that?

I am not saying that will work, hey worse scenario you feel relaxed, best, they found the cause.. You have to tell them where the pain is, actually, relexoligy may be even better....

Have go, it's safe, and natural and nothing to lose.

CW
            PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I was thinking pinched nerve also! Purely because the pain in the leg seems odd!

I actually know a masseuse so maybe i could get him to try. Good thinking! Thanks

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

Yesterday, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
              • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
              • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
                could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
              • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
              • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
              Working...
              X