Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period triggered by sex or coincidence?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period triggered by sex or coincidence?

Hey, so I've been taking Yaz BC pills for a year now (for acne). I went to visit my boyfriend for the past couple weeks, and due to luggage issues I stopped taking them for about 4 days (Aug 1+). I got a light period for about 3-4 days and didn't take the pills afterward for the rest of my trip. WELL on August 14th we had sex (both virgins if that makes any difference) and used a condom which we made sure wasn't defective, and worked correctly as far as we know (didn't break, come off, or leak). A couple hours later or so I started to feel crampy. I figured it could be from nerves or my body going wtf just happened. Then the next morning (Aug 15) I had some brown discharge along with what seemed to be menstrual blood. August 16th now and I'm still bleeding seemingly like any normal period for me.

But I'm wondering why I'm getting my period again when I had a light one about two weeks ago. If I had still been taking the pills everyday, Aug 15th would have been the first day of placebo pills, so maybe my body is still on that schedule?

I was also wondering if somehow orgasms and/or sex could trigger or help trigger a period? (._. embarassing --> )There have been times when I knew my period was coming soon but not exactly when, and I had masturbated (usually without any type of penetration) and I would feel crampy some point that day or next, and get my period. Coincidence?

I guess that's all...phew >_>; And FYI: I'm 20 years old 5'0" 90lbs

• Could be your hymen... I bled for a day, I think, when I lost my virginity. Don't remember being crampy, but it was definitely a while ago.

BUT, if I'm close to the start of my cycle (by a day or two), having sex with DH will guarantee by the time I wake up the next day, I will have started my period.

Comment

• ORLY?

(couldn't help myself)

Thanks for responding. I didn't know if it had anything to do with my hymen or not, since I have menstrual-like cramping, and I didn't bleed right away (don't think so anyway).

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• what was the best fwb/no strings attached experience of your life?

....who was it with, how did you meet them, how long did it last and most importantly of all, what made the sex so amazing?...

Yesterday, 10:37 AM By Marissa91
      • Penis rings

So I need some help on penis rings. I need to experiment but first would like some input from those that have had success using them. Does a ring on just...

07-27-2021, 05:54 AM By JJ48
      • bleeding after

cause of bleeding after husband "fingering"

asked to see his nails after & they were longer than his finger
        could that...

07-26-2021, 04:56 PM By amy40
      • Your 3 top pleasurable positions

Ladies what are your 3 top pleasurable positions with a man or a strap on? And if there are more please list....

07-26-2021, 12:20 PM By JJ48
      • Breakthrough bleeding and BC

Hello! I've been on the combo pill (generic of Tri-Sprintec) for 4 years now. I take my pills every night at or around the same time never missing. More...

07-24-2021, 04:18 AM By Guest
      Working...
      X