Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Pregnant?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Pregnant?

hello all I'm new to the forum my name is beth. I need help with some issues I've been having. My last couple of periods have been weird, this all stated about two months ago with a completely "black" discharge during my period that was heavy for four days. My following cycle only last one day and was vary light, almost like spotting. I took a pregnancy test and it showed negative. Now this month i started late and began dark and lighted up a little but now has a clear "mucus" with a tint to it. I am on birth control and have been for the last year and haven't had any problems with it. I have noticed that my cramps have become worse. I have become gassy and feel slight movements occasionally or flutters in my stomach area. I have never been pregnant before so i don't know if its just gas I'm feeling or what any of this means. Have any of you had this problem with this kind of discharge and any help on the rest would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance.

• When you are pregnant, you don't get a period. Your symptoms sound pretty weird, so you should definitely see a doctor.

Comment

• well both my mother and grandmother had periods during their pregnancies so i don't see how that is true.

Comment

• Pregnant women can have spotting, which is not the same thing as a period. If women in your family spot heavily, that's good for you to know.
        Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 08-21-2009, 10:40 PM. Reason: in-appropriate - edited

Comment

• Actually, women can have normal periods and still be pregnant.

However, in answer to your concerns for the bleeding side of it, it sounds like your pill is no longer strong enough for you.

I would go back to the Doctor and explain what you have here.

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Strap on sex with boyfriend

You get to define your own sexuality. It isn't defined for you! Your boyfriend could have sex with men and still be straight. Personally I think men who...

10-22-2021, 02:59 PM By Gena G.
          • Reply to Just started dating someone...

I think you should wait to see if you develop a sexual spark. That would be the time to be completely open and reveal it.

10-22-2021, 01:43 PM By EmpyNester
          • Just started dating someone...

I just started dating someone (2 dates) who I met online. He's very nice and I'm enjoying his company (spark? Not yet). I was diagnosed as HPV+ during...

10-22-2021, 11:49 AM By Grace41
          • Reply to Dating and beauty maintenenance

I recommend doing a microdermabrasion treatment, or investing in an at home microdermabrasion machine! I have the PMD and use it once a week to exfoliate...

10-22-2021, 10:11 AM By Zoë T.
          • Reply to Strap on sex with boyfriend

Everyone has different likings when it comes to sex! Honestly, I find the amount of different kinks that this world holds to be pretty amazing. Pegging...

10-22-2021, 10:05 AM By Zoë T.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Just started dating someone...

I just started dating someone (2 dates) who I met online. He's very nice and I'm enjoying his company (spark? Not yet). I was diagnosed as HPV+ during...

10-22-2021, 11:49 AM By Grace41
          • does birth control cause inflammation?

people post risks of covid vaccine including inflammation & blood clots
            however, read that birth control has even higher risks than vaccine...

10-13-2021, 07:10 AM By amy40
          • Finishing Inside: Are You a Fan?

Hey, guys!

I just wrote an article about finishing inside your partner and the reasons why people do it and enjoy it. But here's the cool...

10-05-2021, 11:01 AM By Vanessa R.
          • Estradiol level is at 610

Hi,

I'm 37 and have been struggling with irregular periods for a few years. I spent quite some time with either not getting my period to...

10-05-2021, 03:42 AM By Janney
          • A night away - best sex in a long time

We have 4 kids and my husband and I never, ever go away just the two of us. We spent a night just us up in Salem, Mass just the two of us. My husband...

10-03-2021, 03:12 PM By CapeCRunner
          Working...
          X