Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with me....horrible burning

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with me....horrible burning

Ok... so last weekend I got a bladder infection, went to do the doctor and got medication (that was 6 days ago). On Monday though, I started feeling a lot of burning/itching in that area. I wasn't sure if it was in the vaginal area or not, so I felt around and the itching was definitely coming from the vaginal area.
    Today it has been really bad, and it feels pretty severe. So severe, that I can hardly concentrate in class and it makes me want to cry.

I'm not really sure what it is. A lot of times, after I urinate, wipe, and then am back to whatever I'm doing for a few minutes, I'll start to feel some discomfort in that area. It almost feels like a raw type feeling, but it would always fade away after 20 minutes or so. At first I thought that it might be the scented body wash that I was using, as I read that can irritate the skin, so I stopped using it for a couple days. I thought it was helping but today I've had a fairly intense burning/itching sensation down there, with quite a lot of clear, liquidy discharge. Nothing seems to make it feel any better, and it almost seems to have gotten worse throughout the day.

I do a lot of walking throughout the day (on a college campus) and as it is hot out, I don't know how much the sweating/moisture contributes to that sort of thing. Also, I make sure I do what I can to help prevent things like uti's and stuff... I wear cotton underwear, wipe front to back, pee and clean up after sex.

Also, I went to the store and bought stuff for yeast infections, itch-relieving cream and stuff like that, but how long should I wait before I go to the doctor, if it doesn't clear up? And any ideas on what this problem might actually be??? Any answers are much appreciated.

• get back in ASAP, you probably do have a yeast infection. OTC wont take care of it totally.
    "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
    Helen Keller

Comment

• Thanks for the answer. I took the OTC medicine that I got and it actually seemed to clear it up. I feel so much better now, and hopefully it's gone for good. I've felt much better since Saturday, and I started the medicine on Wednesday. I hope it doesn't come back!

Comment

• Yeast infections can be transmitted.

If you had sex whilst having this problem, then he will be able to give it back to you again.

It can be caused by soaps, tight jeans, lots of things it's common.

Never have sex until your completely okay or else you'll just keep giving it back and forth to each other.

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Well, I thought that the OTC medicine had cleared it up, but now I'm not so sure. I have felt some discomfort down there during the last couple days. I just want to be able to get through a day without feeling pain or discomfort down there! It's horrible! Should I just go ahead and see a doctor about this?? I really don't feel like spending 10 dollars on more OTC medicine that might not even work or treat whatever it is.

Comment

• yes! I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR. YOU HAVE WASTED TOO MUCH TIME AND CAN HAVE A BAD bACTERIAL INFECTION. Get it checked out immediatley

Comment

• I'm nor trying to scare you, but friends of mine that have it have told me that herpes feels like a urinary tract infection during the first big outbreak. One of them had a doctor who didn't care to look, and gave them antibiotics, and the infection spread to her bladder. It can get very serious. Either way, you sound like you definitely have some sort of infection. Go to the doctor.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
              • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
              • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
                also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
              • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
              • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
                looked it up & says vulvodynia
                however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
              • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
              • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
              Working...
              X