Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can this be?(Worried)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can this be?(Worried)

Hello, please help. I am a 22 year old Virgin. I am very worried because I haven't gotten my period for over three months.(My period has always been irregular but never for so long.)Also I've been having a brownish vaginal discharge.(which scared me) About 3 weeks ago I began having lower back pains that prevented me from even lifting groceries up the stairs.The lower back pain stopped this week since i've been careful not to put too much stress on my lower back. Every now and then I get some sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen, but I don't pay too much attention to it because it usually goes away.What's really worrying me is the vaginal discharge and the absent period. Can anyone tell me what this can be? I am a virgin so it's nothing related with intercourse. I am without insurance so I can't afford to see a doctor now.Can someone please help?
    Thank you

• Are you on any birth control or perscriptions? The brown discharge could be your period but only inside of you. Sometimes it happens. You are bleeding at least 2 to 3 days inside before you notice anything on the outside. You bleed for a week after your period stops on the outside... did you know that?

Comment

• Advice needed

Thank you for responding Chantal. I am not on birth control pills. Although I think I should be since my period is irregular. Right now money is an issue so I can't afford the pills. I read over the internet about a brown discharge after one's had their period(as a way of cleaning out late),but I haven't had my period in three months yet I'm still getting the brown discharge. It's almost like my period wants to come but it doesn't. When I was a bit younger my period would come on time perfectly and would last 8 days. I would have severe cramps. So I was having regular periods. But about a year ago I started skipping my periods. and now it's taking longer for it to come. I heard these things might be due to one's lifestyle, but I haven't been too stressed,I'm a bit overweight for my height but I am considered average,I do minimal exercise...Don't know if things like those would trigger this problem.

Comment

• Weight, stress, etc can all factor into an irregular period. It's hard to tell what the problem may be without seeing a Dr. However, I went about a year with no real period. Got all the symptoms, cramps, bloated, PMSy, lower back pains, etc., but no period. Dr wasn't too concerned as I've never had an irregular pap.

If you are really worried about it, I'd try and get to your local state health nurse or something where the charge would be minimal to have an exam.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
          looked it up & says vulvodynia
          however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
        • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
        Working...
        X