Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously in need of advice, please help me!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously in need of advice, please help me!!

OK here's the background of my situation, I apologize for the length in advance. I got an infected ingrown hair in my pubic area, and got Novo-Cloxin and a cream to get rid of it. I was taking the meds no problem. During all of this, my ex husband and I broke up after 8 years. I was really in a bad way, so my friends decided to take me to a club. I ended up bringing a friend home with me. We had sex multiple times over the next five days (at least 20), without protection or lube. I noticed throughout that I was getting raw and sore in my vaginal area, but didn't really think anything of it because we had so much sex and I wasn't used to it, and noticed during that I was dry. After a few days the irritation didn't go away, and I noticed what appeared to be small cuts around my vaginal opening on the left side, small bumps on the labia major and perrineum on the right side and a couple of small red bumps just inside the hole. There was a small bit of pain when I urinated (during urination, inside) but it went away as I continued the antibiootics. He also had what looked like raw skin on his penis. Then I started to experience itching in the vulva area and a cloudy thick white discharge. The cuts and bumps on my vagina were not healing after a week, were infact becoming more painful. Urination became impossible because it stung the affected areas so badly, and wiping with toilet paper out of the question. So I started to really freak out, and went to the doctor. He diagnosed me with a yeast infection from the antibiotics, and said that the cuts and bumps were associated with that. So he prescribed me diflucan and external Canesten cream and sent me on my way. I took the diflucan yesterday and am already feeling better itch wise, so that's good. The Canesten cream, on the other hand, seems to have made things worse on the outside. The cuts areas on my actual skin have swelled up and started to spread. It looks like a patch of blisters on the left side of my labia major and perinneum. It is almost directly across from where the patch is on the right side, and it wasn't there before the cream was used.

So here's my question - is this actually a yeast infection? I was pretty sure I would be tested for and diagnosed with herpes, but he didn't even mention herpes, he only mentioned gonorhea (sp?) and chlamydia, and even then he said he didn't think so. Just a really bad yeast infection. I am going to have a full pap on Friday and get all of the tests then, but am seriously in pain and it's getting worse. If this is herpes, the Canesten cream is not doing any good, and appears to be spreading it around down there. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

• A long time ago but yes.

I am allergic to antibiotics and always obtain a yeast infection..

What he has suggested for you to do in my opinion is totally correct.

The cuts are more than likely from 20 lots of romping around in such a short distance of time and your body not being lubricated and this off course hurts when urine touches an open wound...

Don't worry about thinking it's getting worse, most things have to get worse before better you more than likely have it badly and so it is going to take time and your body also has to rid of the antibiotics that are still in your system not helping you get better but naturally still making it worse.

Hang in there and follow the directions.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Maybe you are allergic to the cream? You're already irritated and that would increase the response. Contact your doctor and see if they can give you a script for something else.

Comment

• Thanks for your help ladies, but.....

It looks like I was right all along. I was in so much pain yesterday I ended up going to another doctor (I could barely walk). And right off the bat he diagnosed me with genital herpes. He actually laughed and asked "how could that doctor have not seen this?" I was kind of thinking the same thing, as it was pretty obvious to me that it was more than a yeast infection.

I am actually OK with the diagnosis. I cried for a little bit when I found out, but this is something that's treatable and will force me to take better care of myself (I will never eat a cheeseburger again if it will stop this from happening again hahaha). So today I'm researching how to live a normal life with as few outbreaks as possible. And maybe what to do about the first doctor, who's shoddy diagnosis caused me to make the problem worse than it was originally. He really didn't want to examine me, I had to beg him to, and it was only a cursory glance - he made me come back on Friday to the lady doctor for a pap smear. I cancelled that appointment, clearly.

So, incase anyone was wondering, step by step this is how it went for me:

1 - raw and red vagina/vulva; what appeared to be little cuts and bumps
        2 - burning urination, first inside and then when the urine touched the cuts and bumps
        3 - vaginal itching accompanied with a heavy white odorless discharge
        4 - an increase in red and raw areas, now with little blister looking bumps on them

That's herpes. And I'm glad I know. Thank you to everyone for your help. You are all wonderful, but nothing beats going to a doctor. If there's anything not right down there, you know, and it's best to get it looked at.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
        • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
        • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
        • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
        • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
        Working...
        X