Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worried.. Should I see a doctor?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried.. Should I see a doctor?

My period (I assume) started a week ago today, 2 weeks early. But it's just not right.
    Firstly, the blood isn't normal is any way. It's more like blood blood, very red.. and it's almost clotty.
    Secondly, It's not a constant thing, where you get a small amounts of blood through the day. Instead I can go hours with nothing, but then all of a sudden it comes in one large amount. Large enough that even super absorbency tampons with a liner leak. I could have JUST changed the tampon, and this could happen 5 minutes later.
    Also, the cramps are just incredible. I've always had bad cramps, but this is the worst they have been in years. But I only get them right after the big flow (I don't know what else to call it lol) comes. They last a good half hour, and even my prescription pills don't take the edge off.
    My period is normally 5 days at the most and a regular flow (I use regular tampons, no liner without a problem. Never even had leakage through the night).

I have a dr appointment already for Monday, should I just sit back and wait? Or should I be heading to a clinic? Any idea what this may be, or what may be causing this?

I should also mention that I had a small cyst on an ovarie early last year that went away by the 2nd ultrasound. I've also had my tubes tied after having 2 children and am 30 years old, in good health and average weight (If any of that matters )
    Thanks in advance for ANY help!

• There is a new post here at least once a day about someone worried that something is weird about their period. Yours is among the first I've seen that I can confidently say you should see a doctor. It does not sound normal at all. Probably cyst related, but I can't really say.

Comment

• well i can say I know how you feel. Def see your doctor but no need to rush to a clinic if it can wait until monday. Depends on your pain. If its to severe to deal with then of course dont wait. If you can deal with it then its better to see your doctor instead of someone else. Now you can read some of the posts I've written about my period issue. I still haven't found my issue. Back in april I started having this happen to me. The bright red blood, the clots...all of it. I even had a horrible beach day. When I left the house, I wasn't bleeding to bad. I put in a super tampon in just in case. an hr later when i got to the beach I had blead so bad that it went through my clothes and on my boyfriends seat. I went in the beach showers, washed off and cleaned my bathing suit and pants, changed my tampon and in 5 mins I was bleeding through again. That happened allllllll day. heck that happened for 95 days for me. all it took to stop was a prescription from my doc. They'll do blood work and an exam and may even request a paps (if you haven't had one this yr) after you stop bleeding. Hope you find a resolution
      Krystal

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

Today, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
      • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
      • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
      • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
      • thinking of separation

and getting an apt

edited to say:
        changed mind as husband is going to build me 1st floor bedroom

2 story house difficult...

06-02-2021, 02:19 PM By amy40
      Working...
      X