Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared

I am currently on the pill and have been for 8 years, i ran my packs together last month so havent had a period for 8 ish weeks and now i am now on my pill free week. I finished my pills on Sunday and by Monday i was having brown discharge, its now changed to red but its really light and i have no pain, i always have normally sort of heavy periods with some degree of pain nothing huge but i am scared because in the whole time i have been on the pill my periods have been the same, even when i run them together its usually a bit heavier but this time there just isnt enough and its worrying me quite a lot, i have been in a complete daze all day thinking about it. I am going to call the nurse tomorrow to get some advice but i was just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Thank you.

• You actually throw your body out of wack, by running the pills into the next month without a period.

Your body is trying to have the period, hense the brown then the red, it's confused.

I am not sure why you do this, assume it's so that you can continue with intercourse but, it's not healthy to continue to do this.

I would recommend you just go back to the normal cycle and therefore, not incur these problems.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I did it because I was going away for my birthday but have been told numerous times by my doctor and the nurse that its perfectly safe to do so because periods on the pills arent even true periods, its just a breakthrough bleed when you have finished the months pills. A couple of people i know take their pills continually and never have periods because they have problems e.g. endo,fibroids and i know its safe for them to do so. thank you for the advice.

Comment

• any chance ur pregg?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X