Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotting for a month, period coming, ITCHY AS !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting for a month, period coming, ITCHY AS !

^ Ah, yes, no swear words on the forums... I'll let you fill in the Itchy as _____.

I'm on the pill and I was a little careless with it here and there last month and then I had that period, and then ever since I've been spotting. I've been much more careful about my pill popping this month, so I'm hoping after my next real period things will be sorted out (I bled a whole month when I first went on the pill, I'm guessing that's what's happening here.) My next period starts.. Today. Which is all going well I guess because I'm still bleeding but I'm posting because:

A MONTH of Bleeding means a MONTH of being wet down there and my skin is REALLY upset with me and VERY itchy. I try to keep it as clean as I can, but understandably it's still going to affect me.
    I have a week ahead of me of even heavier bleeding and I'm going nuts with the itching right now. Trying not to scratch cause it causes damage but my nails sometimes cut the skin in my sleep. You can imagine... This is VERY uncomfortable!

Any tips on how to stop the itching? I'm losing my mind
    Last edited by Pinkliz; 11-22-2009, 02:05 PM.

• Sounds like you are getting yeast infections. Yeast loves moist environments. Make sure you wear breatheable clothes, if you use a pad change it very frequently, and you can put powders down there to dry things up some. When I shave down there I use a honey powder from lush but I would think your basic baby powder would work too. There are also over the counter medicated wipes specifically to help lessen itching and keep things cleaner. If symptoms don't go away you need to see a doctor to determine if it's a yeast infection or something else and get the right medication.

Comment

• Originally posted by kira View Post
      Sounds like you are getting yeast infections. Yeast loves moist environments. Make sure you wear breatheable clothes, if you use a pad change it very frequently, and you can put powders down there to dry things up some. When I shave down there I use a honey powder from lush but I would think your basic baby powder would work too. There are also over the counter medicated wipes specifically to help lessen itching and keep things cleaner. If symptoms don't go away you need to see a doctor to determine if it's a yeast infection or something else and get the right medication.
      you think that spotting for a month is a yeast infection? now that is something i have never heard! not being rude when i say that either - i just have honestly never heard of that.

Comment

• To A Sailors Wife,

you think that spotting for a month is a yeast infection? now that is something i have never heard! not being rude when i say that either - i just have honestly never heard of that.
        Firstly, Kira was responding about the Itching part of the OP's post.
        Not the spotting .

kira
        Sounds like you are getting yeast infections. Yeast loves moist environments. Make sure you wear breath-able clothes, if you use a pad change it very frequently,and you can put powders down there to dry things up some. When I shave down there I use a honey powder from lush but I would think your basic baby powder would work too. There are also over the counter medicated wipes specifically to help lessen itching and keep things cleaner. If symptoms don't go away you need to see a doctor to determine if it's a yeast infection or something else and get the right medication.
        Secondly, you are posting and replying to people who have not been here in almost 4 years ..The Date of the last post ( before yours ) was 11-22-2009 04:40 PM.

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you will enjoy it and also be a beneficial member.
        It might help to look at the actual " POST DATE " so you are not Helping or Advising People that are not here or threads or Subjects that are years ago ..
        You were not Rude, but sometimes we need to read and re-read a post to get the actual Gist of the problem. And try to be as Supportive as Possible .

Comment

• Old Thread.

No need for any replies.

Thread closed.

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Epilady?!?

Oh man... I have something like this — but I don't really use the epilation part of it anymore. It's an electric shaver (which I DO use) that has an...

Today, 05:16 PM By Alison H.
          • Reply to Ex boyfriend dilemma

It's almost impossible to know how your baby will look like.

Today, 02:15 PM By ferahunt
          • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

never wanted to get married let alone have kids
            also, have health issues that would make caring for an infant difficult

after being...

Today, 10:12 AM By amy40
          • Reply to Is Childfree Right For Me?

I'm also childfree by choice. I never felt the desire to have kids. I also have some other health issues that would make pregnancy and care for an infant...

Today, 05:11 AM By Laura V.
          • Reply to Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating?

Totaly agreed...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Louna11

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• stabbing pain

started have stabbing pain in vulva area
            looked it up & says vulvodynia
            however, I have had this stabbing pain in one leg & side,...

09-19-2021, 10:09 AM By amy40
          • Epilady?!?

I was cleaning out an old trunk from my teen years and came upon the medieval torture implement, the epilady. For the uninitiated, it’s a device that...

09-16-2021, 11:32 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • Phonesex, anyone?

In my 20s, I worked as a phonesex girl. It was fun and all, but it led me to not want to engage in that sort of activity in my personal life. Fast forward...

09-16-2021, 11:28 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • Skyla IUD Sudden Period Problems

I’ve had my Skyla IUD for 2 and a half years now, no complications except for hormonal acne that’s managed well. It’s due to expire next May. My...

09-06-2021, 02:21 PM By LuckyWitch77
          Working...
          X