Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itching Around Rectum.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itching Around Rectum.

Ive had some serious itching around my rectum for about two weeks. The itching was not inside the rectum, just very, very, close. I used some Hemmeroidal Cream and it worked (I think) for the few times I used it but yesterday I used it again and today the area is very sore and feels scratched up. The cream worked a little but not to the extent I wanted it to. The itching is usually at night, a little bit during the day, but not really. Do you think this is pinworms or what? And how should I treat it?

• It probably is hermoroids

Use suporitories, improve your hygene, and get more roughage (eat bran and fruit) avoid cycling. Once you've got piles thet never go, without surgery. They just inflame up every now and again.

Keep eating well and it will sort itself in about a week or two.

Comment

• Could be a few things and you did just describe the symptoms of a pinworm or roundworm infestation. They tend to come out at night and irritate around the anus causing itching that lasts during the day. There are over the counter medications which are quite safe and I'd actually suggest taking them every few years even if you don't have symptoms. We acknowledge we need to deworm every animal we have but not ourselves when we are exposed to most things they are when we handle them or clean up after them. Parasites are very easy to eliminate and nothing to worry about.

If you don't see immediate relief from whatever you decide to try next I suggest going to a doctor. There's no point continuing to guess and have things get worse possibly to the point that treatment becomes much more complicated when a doctor could tell immediately which of the several possible things it is and give you the best treatment for it.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X