Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first gyn visit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first gyn visit

I went to the gyn cause i had vulvar pain.
    When I told my gyn I was a virgin, he asked me how old I was, is this normal ?

And he did an exam with the speculum at first and couldnt get it in and then he remember i was a virgin and he said ill try again but tell me if this hurts. and it hurt and tried to close my legs so he stop. does he have the right to perform a speculum exam on a virgin.

Too, he was applying pressure on my knees, does he have the right to do that ?

• pain during gyn exam

Is a first gyn exam supposed to hurt ?

Is this normal if he was not able to insert a speculum ? does that happen often with virgins ?

Comment

• The doctor needs to be able to examine you to determine what is wrong and your general health. It sounds like you were really tense. You've posted questions related to having an exam before. It helps if you can relax.

Comment

• speculum virgin

Why do GYN uses a smaller speculum on virgin ? Is this because of their hymen, because they're more tensed or because their vaginal opening is smaller.

Comment

• Probably a combination of all of the above. Things are less tight after the opening has been stretched a bit and if you are relaxed which tends to come with experience. I didn't have an issue since by the time I had my first exam I'd already been masturbating with improvised sex toys. Sticking something in there did not phase me. I'm told the hymen can play a part too but it can be broken without any penetration and I was a rather wreckless kid. I destroyed a few mountain bikes, rolled the 4wheeler 3 times, and spent most of my free time from 3rd grade through junior high on horseback having my life saved by a rather athletic pony that got us out of more than one insane idea gone wrong. Odds are my hymen got broken well before anything went in there so I really can't speak for that part of the experience.

Comment

• That is how I lost my hymen, by a gynacologist exam. I was 18 years old. They thought I may have Endometriosis, which turns out that I didn't. You need to relax or it will obviously hurt more.

You went to him for help. There was no other way around it for him. It is better than they check you out to make sure you are ok.

I was always wondering if my first partner would believe that I was a virgin or not but trust me, he will when he feel how tight you are inside.
            [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR="#000080"]Why do we fall, sir? So we can learn to pick ourselves up. ~Alfred Pennyworth, Batman Begins[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X