Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Somebody Help Me

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Somebody Help Me

I will be glad if anybody can help me.when i am in my periods i have this pain on my waist,sometimes headache and my main other problem is that i remove this kind of thick blood like a clot and a dark one so i just want to know if it is normal or there is something wrong with me,but the pain on my waist is unbearable. I WILL BE THANKFUL IF YOU CAN HELP ME.

• Any woman understands that having your period is not exactly a walk in the park. Cramps are very normal, and some people have far worse cramps than others. There are many ways to try getting relief from cramps (like a heat pad or even aspirin). However, if your pains are far more severe than the normal pain from a period...you may need to see a doctor. If money is an issue, go to a Planned Parenthood or something like that. I think they are state funded, so they help with the cost. In the past, friends of mine who had irregular periods were put on birth control just to lessen the periods they were having. As far as the headaches and clotting, I think your problems should not be too much of a concern. However, I think you should try getting a professional opinion of your problems become worse. Good luck!

Comment

• I too experience harsh period symptoms. What you are seeing is your body shedding a thick lining from the vagina. In some people, the lining is very thin so the blood appears thin and much like blood that might come from a cut on your hand. Other people have a very thick lining which comes out in thick clot type masses (for lack of better words) and the blood may be bright red or dark brown. It is all very normal. Some women also experience severe pain in the abdomin, lower back, and vagina due to cramping. This also is normal.

I personally am in so much pain the first day that I can't do anything. Some times I have to sit in a really hot bath to help the pain. I also take Advil for pain. You can try Midol which is made for cramps, but I personally don't like it because it contains Acetomenaphine which makes me feel wierd. Don't take Aspirin because it thins your blood and will increase the bleeding. Also, try to avoid caffiene because it can increase your cramps. You can also try a heating pad on your lower back.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X