Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 year Birth control

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 year Birth control

Has anyone gotten the 5 year birth control method done. I cant seem to understand or keep up with the mood swings and cycles and weird discharge.

• What 5yr birth control are you talking about? How long have you had this type of birth control. With any birth control there is always an adjustment period. You gotta give your body time to adjust.
    I have an IUD which is birth control for 10-12yrs, no hormones, no pills to take.

Comment

• Not sure which method you mean...?

Originally posted by 2Bpositive View Post
      I have an IUD which is birth control for 10-12yrs, no hormones, no pills to take.
      Same!

Comment

• My best guess was mirena. It's for 5years. It's a hormonal IUD and everyone reacts to each hormone differently. There's no telling what side effects you could end up with both physically and emotionally. You do have to give it some time to adjust especially if your body has never been exposed to any hormonal birth control. Usually the suggested time to wait is 3months and then make a decision. My mirena IUD only lasted 3 weeks but my uterus was rejecting it and causing severe painful cramps the entire time before managing to push it out where it got stuck in my cervix and had to be removed by my doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mes_T View Post
          Not sure which method you mean...?

Same!
          Sorry, let me clarify. I have Paragard it's good for 10yrs. I see many sites say it's good for up to 12yrs. But, I don't think I will leave mine that long.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X