Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abnormal period- please help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abnormal period- please help!

Hello, my girlfriend had an abnormal period last cycle. She is scared of what answer might come up so she had me write this. She was late about a week, but was still having cramps with no blood. There was dark blood when she wiped herself then slowly it bled more and became a light red color and back into her normal period over the course of a few days. Normal length after light red blood. She said she had no blood clots either, which was odd for her. She is having early cramps again and says shes eating all day.

I am not sure whether to consider pregnancy or another problem. We have not had sex but we have fooled around (without touching the two). She is also having food cravings which started on the first. I've been looking all over the place for an answer and I can't find one. Even if a solution cannot be provided I would like some guidance as what to do, or what to look for. We are both worried.

Thanks for your time.

• If you haven't had intercourse, and if you didn't ejaculate right onto her vagina, then there's no way she's preggers. Why did she consider otherwise?

Irregular periods happen every now and then to pretty much every woman out there.

Comment

• We're both just worried. Being sure of something before ruling it out is always better. Thanks for your time, more advice or an opinion would be appreciated.

Comment

• I dont think she is pregnant, you have to have intercourse or ejaculate in her vagina for there to be a chance of pregnancy.

Comment

• Have her attend the local Chemist for a pregancy over the counter test.

Have her try that, the instructions are easy and it's not expensive

If negative, then you both can breathe....

If positive, (*which I doubht, if your "parts" haven't touched) then go and have her seek a Doctor for a blood test.

There are many reasons, firstly, dark blood is "old blood", our bodies change, we get older we need to do different things.. Think like 55, we may need glasses as an example, well same, our bodies develop, more and so do we every 5 years.

Is she on the pill? I imagine not, but a Doctor if this persists may suggest it to keep things regulated, no clots as she seems to suffer from that, and less cramps.

Depression, from being stressed over this, feeling "down" can make people turn to comfort food.

The best thing you can do is be there for her, guide her to a Doctor, see if it's anything else, non-related, via a blood test, and possibly if they pick anything like low blood pressure even, or high, then you both can start to work it out.

It I am sure is something very, simple, like she is growing up, older A women keeps changing, in mind, body and spirit so remember those 3...

CW
          PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Thanks.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X