Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes in period. Worried.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in period. Worried.

Hello, i'm new to the forums

Anyway..

There have been changes in my period lately. It starts at the right time and lasts for 7 days like it always has, but my concern is the changes in texture/color/amount. It has always been very dark red in color, kind of slimy/thick in texture and heavy flow (especially in the first 3 days), but for the last two times my period has been light in flow, the blood is light/medium red and the it's thin/watery in texture. Also, a few hours before my last period i got light brown discharge and that has never happened before.

I'm sixteen. I've never had an intercourse, never skipped a period. I haven't been sick lately nor have i started taking medication. I also had a urine test and a trans-vaginal ultrasound done recently because of my abdominal pain and everything was normal, no infections/cysts etc.

I also had a regular blood test done and it showed slight anemia. The iron (?) level was very little below normal but it shouldn't cause any symptoms.

Could this be anything serious? Or could it be caused by anxiety? I'm asking this because i've had all sorts of pains and sensations in different places of my body and i've had different tests done and they all come back normal.

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes and stuff, english is not my first language.)

• Hello there welcome to the forum

I think its because you are still young and your body is changing and will continue to change. The brown discharge is normal...i started getting that when i turned 17 and i also experienced the colour difference as well. I do believe that is related to the amounts of iron in your body even if its only slightly under normal.

As long as you're in no mysterious pain over your period i think you are fine and you have been for a number of tests that all say you're ok so it may also be stress related

Comment

• Welcome to the forum

I'm 16 as well, and I get the same, although I got my period when I was 12, nearly 13, and about 6 months after, I skipped it for about 3-4 months (my mom thought I was pregnant, although I have never had sexual intercourse lol).

I sometimes get it light, and sometimes heavy, so I think it's because our bodies are still adabting to change and I think it may become more regular as we get older.
      Love isn't about finding the perfect person, but learning to see an imperfect person perfectly <3

Comment

• Wait a month, but if you are so worried them call your doctor. If you didn't have intercourse then there shouldn't be much to worry about. I'd say you being late has to do with your traveling. Just relax, scaring yourself isn't doing your body and cycle any good.

does viswiss work
        viswiss review

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X