Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me! :(

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me! :(

I'm very seriously scared right now because I think I may have HPV or genital warts.

I'm only 15 and I have never had ANY sexual contact (I've only ever kissed 3 people!) but I have many small, painful bumps in the opening of my vagina. I think I may have had them for a very long time but I never gave the pains I felt any thought. Ever since I got my first period I've never used tampons because it hurt to put them in and take them out. I just thought it was because I wasn't used to them or my genitals were just very sensitive. Recently I decided to use a mirror to do a self-check to try and figure out why it hurt so much and I've been freaking out, researching this for days and the only thing that seems similar to the bumps I saw is genital warts/HPV. I'm SO terrified that I have and STD because I don't know HOW I could've gotten it and if I do have it, it will affect the rest of my life! Everywhere I've looked online says you cannot get it without some form of sexual contact and I've never had any! D:

One of my friends did tell me one that when she was younger she had sore type things around her mouth and they had thought it COULD be HPV but they never checked because they went away. But I've only ever shared a drink with her!

PLEASE help me! ToT I am SO scared right now.

• Hello there and welcome to the forum
    Firstly you can only get an STD by some form of sexual contact. What your friend is talking about is another type of HPV and it affects pretty much most people and it doesnt affect you down there at all, its a completely different strain of HPV.

I have done a search and here are a few possibilities:

Folliculitis is the infection of the root of the hair. This could present as small bumps near the vagina, where there is hair.

Bartholin glands are small glands at the opening of the vagina that secrete fluid to moisten the inside of the vagina. These glands could become blocked at their openings.

If you shave down there razor bumps could also be the diagnosis

I suggest go to a doctor or gynocologist and they will be able to tell you exactly what it is

Good luck hun

Comment

• Pretty much can't add to x.st's suggestions and thoughts and research and therefore opinion...

It's a pretty thorough answer.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X