Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hurt so bad

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurt so bad

i have had my period for about 5 to 6 years now.
    ever since my 2nd year i have has such pains.
    i would have to leave school when i got my period.
    i at times couldnt stand straight because of the pain in my back and legs.
    also couldnt walk or painful to because of such horrible craps in legs.
    also i usually feel like vomiting but never do.

any ideas how to fix this?

oh i am sexually active now but ive had these pains before when i wasnt.

• Talked to a gyno about this? How about going on birth control pills?

Comment

• I missed 2 days of school every time I had my period starting back before junior high until I went on birth control pills in highschool. I wish I'd been on them sooner. I might not have developed all that acne for those couple years and been as much of an outcast. Mostly that happened from lack of sleep and ability to hold a conversation though. Anyway... talk to a doctor, make sure nothing is wrong, and discuss if you want to go on birth control pills or not. For mild relief at home hot or cold packs can help. Usually hot packs are suggested but I found it actually makes my cramps much much worse and I usually resort to cold if things really hurt for any reason. It's the only time I can stand cold down there. You can also take over the counter pain killers and there are some specifically for pain and cramps during your period. I was just taking a bunch of pamprin and telling my husband I am using my birth control to skip my period from now on.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X