Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My period is late!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My period is late!

So, ever since I got my period, it has been exactly a week late almost every time. There was one time when I didn't get it for about 3 months, but it has been normal ever since. I am not sexually active and I don't intend to be until I am married. My period was supposed to come on the 2nd, and it's the 11th and it's still not here. I have cramps sometimes but when I go to look if it's here, it never is. I'm starting to think it's never going to come! Is there an explanation for this?
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
    by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
    Do not arouse or awaken love
    until it so desires.
    <3

• How long have you been having your period? You may just have a longer cycle then what you initially thought.

Our bodies are pretty unpredictable at times. The slightest changes in our lifestyles, mentally and physically can cause a late period.

Comment

• Well, i got my period when i was 12, so about 4 years. Im just really worried because i havent really been this late before. Its weird because i have cramps throughout the day but its not because my period came. Its like its holding back for some reason. Could it possibly be the fact that im not eating as much for lunch every day? i heard that changing of eating habits can mess up your cycle too. Maybe thats why?
      until it so desires.
      <3

Comment

• Changing anything can cause your cycle to be delayed. Changing eating habits is one of them.

Just hold our for a few and hopefully it will start soon.

Comment

• i sure hope so. im dealthy afraid of the doctor so going there is my absolute last resort. This week has been one of the most stressful weeks of school for me, so hopefully the long weekend will calm my nerves and even my cycle out.
          until it so desires.
          <3

Comment

• Ah it still hasn't come. I don't know why it's so late.
            until it so desires.
            <3

Comment

• Our bodies are weird at times, don't fret, it will only delay your period and cause you more anxiety. Take a deep breath, you are fine, calm down. It will come eventually.

It's not unusual for a cycle to be delayed by a few weeks out of the blue.

Comment

• You have nothing to worry about, it is common at this age.

I used to be late for a week or so a few months every year (always in February for some reason) up until I turned 22. All the tests were normal, the period just came late some times. It can be due to antibiotics, stress, eating and sleeping habits, anything you can imagine. Stressing about it can delay it even more.

Comment

• i went through this diet phase where i was trying all the weird diets and exercising about 4 times a week and running 10 miles. i didnt get many calories and i have just recently come out of that phase. i think i am too young to go on a diet. i think im pretty normal for my age. anyways, maybe thats why its so late. Its almost always been exactly a week late. It hasnt been more than a week for a while. But im thinking its because of the exercising phase i went through. what do you guys think?
                  until it so desires.
                  <3

Comment

• Is it possible that i will miss my period entirely this month and it will just pick up normally next month? because it doesnt look like its coming this month.
                    until it so desires.
                    <3

Comment

• It will come... All the stress and messing with your diet can stop or delay your cycle especially at a young age. My doc always said as long as you have 9-10 a year it is fine and healthy. When I was younger and before sexually active I would skip months all the time.
                      "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
                      Helen Keller

Comment

• I'm glad to hear that. My eating habits and exercising habits are normal now and I'm not stressed, but still no period! What gives!
                        until it so desires.
                        <3

Comment

• It finally came!! It was a month and a day late, but hey, I still got it!
                          until it so desires.
                          <3

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                          X