Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown blood before....

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown blood before....

For months now, i bleed 5 days of brown blood then i have a 4-5 day period of red blood. Is this normal? If so what does it mean? My husband and I are TTC and this past month, we were not successful. So we are trying for round 2 this month. Could that have an effect on it?

• I never heard of brown. I thought blood is usually red. My wife just finished her period. Also try to avoid sex during your period. My wife and I did that. I have to wait 2 weeks before I can have sex again. I was like I can't wait that long. lol

Comment

• Y do you have to wait 2 weeks??

Comment

• Brown blood should be the blood from your previous periods.
        It just means you've been bleeding and the blood hasn't come out. If it stays in you it goes old/brown. If you bleed for any other reason than your periods then you have a problem I guess.
        I know of women who get brown discharge. I get it myself quite often.

And it can be that when you get pregnant you might miss a period or get only brown blood.

Comment

• its not a constant bleeding of brown.. i would say its a discharge, but it sticks around for about a week.. then my period comes. It happens EVERY month.. not to much of worry, but it confuses me. As soon as i spot red, is that the first day of my cycle?!

Comment

• It sounds normal to me. It's only a trace of old blood that's why it's not like.. flowing, just a brownish discharge. Or white one mixed with brown.
            Yeah the red blood should be the new period.
            The colour of blood varies from light pink to dark brown/blackish.
            You can also get the brown discharge during/after sex or when exercising.

Comment

• I had a baby in may of 2009 and from then on i had brown blood nonstop until Jan 2010. I had eesure put in in Aug of 09 to. The docs told me that it was from the eesure then they did a bunch of pills to take to stop it then that last doc I seen gave me an ultersound on my uterus and said my uterus wall was really thin and thats why so they told me to take Alive fro 2 weeks stright 400mg a day. And it stopped finally but now this month and last month no peorid at all. I spotted in the middle of feb for 2 days then nothing after that. I still am waiting this month even though it just started for my peiord i took a pg test today and it neg.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X