Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious qu masturbation worry? cancer?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious qu masturbation worry? cancer?

Serious qu my friend said she ad masurbated internally with hairbrush. Me and my boyfriend tried this inside of me, im worried that could have hurt me. It didnt cause pain, i mean in terms of cancer, i.e. brush was made frm plastic n a little part metal, im worried could have been toxic!!!! should i be worried, i have no reason to think there anything wrong i.e. no pain, bleedinf abnormal dicharge, but still im scared. I know it wasnt probs a safe object to use in terms of injury but I know haven done this. Im jus worried I could have caused cancer fur future, hope im being oh so silly? please help

• I've not personally ever heard of a hairbrush causing cancer... I'm sure they make the materials safe enough to go in a mouth or it would have to come with some kind of warning for pets etc..

If it didn't hurt you, I wouldn't worry about it. If it wasn't that clean I'd worry more about getting a urinary tract infection or something like that... but even that is probably really unlikely.

I've personally used a brush handle for similiar purposes in the past, have heard of other women who have done so as well.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta use the tools at hand!
      No, don't worry 'bout the hairbrush givn cancer. I guess maybe if you wore it inside for years and years you might get some exposure, more likely to lead in the plastic than the plastic itself. But for occasional use , nah.
      BTW - I had one that I used once in a while that way while in my teens. Kept it in my purse. Just knowing what I'd done w/ it always gave me a little grin inside when I pulled it out to touch up my 'do between classes.
      P

Comment

• Hi

yeah I probs thought maybe I was being a bit dramatic, but just thought since the brush wasnt expensive so is probs a very cheap plastic and mental there may have been toxic lacquer or something on it, but did probs think a couple of women had probs done this sometimes. Posts have helped calm me down a bit thanks :-)

Comment

• If you're unsure about something you want to use, put a condom over it to be safe, then you're not coming into contact with the actual item.

Comment

• what a great idea! that never occurred to me.
            thx!
            P

Comment

• also posted this topis on another website and someone said cheap dildos etc could cause cancer cos of the type of plastic, is this at all true? cos then this could incude the brsh I used as was probs a cheap plastic, argh, sorry to fret and ask more qus!

Comment

• Just to add something elseto worry about, Im now not sure if I have white specs in my urine, it looks a little cloudy... (ive never really looked before so wouldnt know if urine always looks like this). Not sure if im imagining this since infections have been mentioned today. I have no pain on urinating or itching, discharge or any pain at all, nor do I need to urinate an excessive amount..... Could I still have an infection, maybe have had one for ages and just not knew it? argh, surely I would know if I had an infection though because there would be something else. What would happen if I have had some sort of infection down there for ages and havent know about it. Im not sexually active so its not an STI

Can a urinary infection/infection in vagina of some kind have no symptoms? and woul I be facing soemthing bad if its been there a while!

Comment

• I've had to collect my urine for medical tests several times. Sometimes it's clear, sometimes it's more cloudy. It's not necessarily a problem. Here's a quote from a website:
                  "The most common cause of cloudy urine is totally harmless. Excess phosphate crystals can build up in your urine. These crystals then precipitate and make your urine cloudy. This typically happens after eating a large meal, or sometimes after drinking milk, which is high in phosphate. You can test to see if your urine cloudiness is due to phosphates. Simply take a small sample of your urine and drop a bit of acetic acid (vinegar) in to it. If it is phosphates, the urine will become completely clear immediately."

For the full article, search for "When You Need to Worry About Cloudy Urine." It details other causes of cloudy urine, including more serious causes. If you're still worried, check with your doctor.

As for cancer-causing ingredients in sex toys, look for the "guide to sex toy materials" under the buying guide section at the adultshop website. It details the different types of materials sex toys are made of, how porous they are, whether they're easy to clean, and imporantly it has info such as this example about Jel-Lee: "While it's a good idea to use a condom with any insert-able toy, it’s an especially good idea with toys made from this material as some jelly toys may contain rubber softeners, such as phthalates."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                  X