Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bled after non-painful sex

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bled after non-painful sex

A while back my husband and I had sex and afterward I noticed a pool of blood on the bed. ( About the size of a small saucer) I hadn't felt any pain whatsoever. And haven't bled like that since. Has anyone else experienced that? What would have caused it? My husband said he could feel like he was hitting something, but I'm wondering if he was just going deeper than before. And it wasn't rough sex either. Very slow and deliberate.

I am terrified of going to the ob/gyn.........especially since we have no insurance. But I need to go........

• Are you anywhere near your menstrual cycle?

When was the last time you had a yearly PAP exam?

Are your periods pretty regular/normal?

This is really unusual....and if it were me...I'd make an appointment ASAP.

Comment

• Nope, not near my menstrual cycle. Periods are normal, on time. Haven't had a pap in about 12 years. I know, shame on me. It's a money/insurance thing.

Comment

• There are soooooo many reasons why some girls bleed after sex. The most common reason is often due to inflamation of the cervix, and this is commonly found in young women, Pregnant women, and also women who are on the pill.

I would def go to the docs about it though hun - If it is inflamation of the cervix it would be best to get some anti-biotics to sort it out pronto. But then im no doctor - just know my biology. x
        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"
        "I dream about being with you forever." - Twilight

Comment

• Originally posted by FloridaFan View Post
          Nope, not near my menstrual cycle. Periods are normal, on time. Haven't had a pap in about 12 years. I know, shame on me. It's a money/insurance thing.
          I think its time to visit the doctor for a full physical & PAP.

I don't know how old you are and if Mammograms come into play or not yet....

But seriously.....you need to take your health more seriously. You just don't know what's gonna happen in life and regular check-ups are important especially the older you get.

OK, I'll shut up now. I'm sure you've heard that story tons of times. I have a sister-in-law who finally got health insurance (she's 50). We've been harping at her for years.

Comment

• I'd love to get health insurance.........but my husband is self employed and we can't afford the sky high rates. I know I need to go to the gyno.........just working up the nerve to do it now.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X