Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urine and swab cultures

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urine and swab cultures

I've got a chance to go and have a high vaginal swab taken on Monday rather than have to wait until later in the week but today I got my period. By Monday I will be down to very light bleeding that will almost be spotting so is it ok to have the swab taken on that day? It's not a normal pap test it's to send to the lab to culture. Does anyone know? I'd love to go in sooner rather than later because I'm in lots of pain and have been for weeks.

• I remember few months back when I was in Europe to see a gynecologist. I was spotting and he still took the pap smear test and other swabs. Just mention it on Monday and tell your gynecologist you may be spotting. I don't think it will be a problem.

Comment

• if your having a pap smear test, you should be making the appointment around the times of your period,or spotting. Bleeding during a pap smear can interfer with the results, and may lead you to have to go back and have a re-test.
      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"
      "I dream about being with you forever." - Twilight

Comment

• Thanks for the reply kathy, as I said in my first post it wasn't a pap smear test it was tests to be cultured and I went in and asked if the nurse could do them to which she replied "it won't make a difference to the results and I used to be a midwife so I'm hardly bothered by a bit of blood!" so we did the swabs. Aren't nurses fabulous!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X