Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Bacterial Vaginitis-new cure?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Bacterial Vaginitis-new cure?

I'm 24 years old and had chronic BV for awhile. I got it when i was 22 and it would come back every 6 months .. then 2 months.. then i was getting it twice a month and it was horrible. I went to the gynecologist what felt like every week and she gave me the 7 day meds, the 1 day meds, and some pill you insert directly. NONE of it worked. I looked up natural remedies and tried yogrut which only helped for like a week then it would come back. Also having to sleep with a tampon soaked in yogrut was disgusting for me. I dated my boyfriend for 5 years and every time we had sex I'd watch his face or smell to see if it was back. I thought nothing would get rid of it. I have been BV free for about 7 months! I don't know if this will work for you, but it's worth a try.
    One day my friend asked me what I used to clean down there and I told her body wash. Usually scented body wash, and I always changed body wash every time the bottle ran out for a new scent. She told me to use Dove unscented sensitive skin bar soap. I tried it and stop using those liquid body washes. I haven't had BV since! It's not going to work in like one day though. I started using it and slowly the smell went away and never came back! give it a few weeks and tell me if it worked for you.. Don't use anything else! It could be body wash that is causing BV for you. Not sure how but it worked for me and I'm just telling you to try this because it gave me back my confidence and I know how it feels to have chronic BV. Anyways, try it and post back how it worked for u! Good luck!

• As soon as you said, scented body wash, my immediate thoughts were, alergic.

Any unscented, more natural product has to be better for you.

Glad that you found what suits you, there are threads on BV, alot of them, perhaps you can make that recommendation on those threads for our readers. Dove isn't the only Company that makes unscented sensitive soaps, but the suggestion is a good one.

Glad that you feel more confident....
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• yesterday i had a mild smell, so i decided to insert a pro-b pill in place of the natures bounty pill.....big mistake. now it seems as if the BV is raging. i can smell it through my clothes. it hasnt been like that in over a week!! ugh

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X