Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need someones advice uti?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need someones advice uti?

Hey all ..okay so..ill try and keep this short...basically i had sex a few weeks ago and our protection failed so i went and took Plan B..(morning after pill) I was due for my period about 3 weeks later...but I ended up getting my period early like a week after i took the pill ( which can be a symptom of plan B).
    so..i had my period on the 20th of june..and it stopped around the 26th...it is the 28th now and I've been peeing ALOT..like the urge is always there even after I go...i noticed this morning theres blood...idk..if its my period or if its from possibly having a UTI? Ive never had one before but I feel like I constantly need to go and even after I pee i still feel like i have to..when i pee theres blood..but I dont feel burning when I go its more like an annoying tingly feeling? Any ideas? Oh yeah and I took a preg test just to be safe..it was neg.

• If you are peeing blood, you need to be seen by your Dr. You may have a mild UTI (since your don't have a lot of pain/burning) and would still need some meds.

Comment

• yeah because I put in a tampon just to see if maybe i just still had my period and i waited about 10 min...peed...and there was blood ..took the tampon out and theres like no blood on it ...soo i def dont think its my period

Comment

• yep sounds like a UTI but you should definitely see a doc right away. They will allow you to be seen right away to treat your infection. They will give you antibiotics and hopefully some information on how to prevent the next one. UTI's can be prevented by taking cranberry pills, drinking cranberry juice and staying clean and always pee right after sex! The pain will not cease on its own and it will need to be treated with antibiotics so best of luck seeing your doc!

Comment

• Definitely see your doc! Blood in your urine could be sign of a kidney infection or kidney stones as well, so might as well get it checked!

Comment

• This same thing is happening to me, except it is burning at the end when I pee. The difference with me though, is that I just took Plan B yesterday day, and it had already started yesterday night. If I were to go to the doctor, would I go to my gynecologist or my regular doctor?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X