Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody help?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help?

I am going to have another hysteroctopy next week. The last one two years wasnt any good and my doctor just went ahead with microwave operation but it didnt work. I am now back again after two years and he wants to have another "look around". He has mentioned having a hysterectomy but I want to avoid that at all costs. Does anyone thing I am being unreasonable about this also I want to stay awake when they do the hysteroctopy but my doctor is saying no he wants me asleep. I think it is because he is doing it himself because I have had two caeserians and I have a large womb. But because the op is only going to take 10 mins I cant see why I shouldnt stay awake if I want to! Am I being unreasonable and has anybody else had the same problems?
    Thanks for any replies!

• Yikes! Sorry to say that I do not have any experience or wisdom in this department. But I wanted to wish you the best of luck. We are still bringing in new members to the board so hopefully someone will be able to share some advice with you soon. Best wishes!

Comment

• Thanks

Thanks a lot for that. I think when I did that one I was really wound up. I am trying to be a lot more blase about it and think hey if I end up of having a hysterectomy so be it. I think it was because he was so eager to get me in to have a look but then again I always dramatise things. I am seeing the anaethiast tomorrow to see if I can stay awake for the hysteroctopy (where they have a look around). My Nan said I should let them do what they want but I dont think you have to do that anymore.

Comment

• Well, I don't blame you for being hesitant. With all the malpractice going around and what not, it doesn't hurt to ask questions and state your preferences. You might even ask around at some other doctors offices to find out more.

Comment

• Would you believe it. I went to the hospital yesterday supposedly for my check up before my "have a look around" op and after waiting with my husband (who by the way I had woken up from nights to take me) I had got the date mixed up and instead of being Thursday 18th May it was Thursday 15th June. I felt so stupid. I call myself menopausal Annie because I keep on forgetting things. But anyway I have found out that I can stay awake if I want they will just give me something to relax me with the local anaesthetic so I was pleased to hear that. Will keep you posted! My Nan said she is the one who should be forgetting things being 96 not someone my age. But hey you have to have something to laugh at and it was on me yesterday!

Comment

• Don't feel bad, I am always forgetting stuff. I have so much going on with my business that I have to write everything down in my planner and then make sure to ALWAY look at it or I will forget 10 things for the week! Haha! Well, I am glad to hear that you will be able to do it the way you want. I am sure that makes you feel a whole lot better. Definately let us all know how it goes. Someone else might come here some day asking questions about that very same procedure. Best wishes to you, hon! Hugz!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X