Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously in need of help

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously in need of help

On June 1st of 2010 i started having a pain in my lower stomach. I blew it off because i had just stopped my period. The next morning i woke up and i was in excruiating pain to the point i was crying. I ended up going to the emergency room and they did a cat scan, an ultrasound, and blood work. They told me they couldnt find anything wrong to go to my gyn. The next week i did. She told me she thought it was to high to be a womanly issue. However she did a pap and an std test. (everything came back normal). She told me to go to an actual doctor. (These pains are worse than anything i have ever experienced. They hurt worse than labor pains, and they cause me to cry and scream when they hit.) I went to my doctor. She told me that maybe i was constaipated and stuck me on laxatives for a week. A week later it got worse. As gross as it sounds, i started bleedin as if i were cut open. So i freaked out and went to the emergency room again. They said the bleeding was coming from my uterus so i would be fine. I called my gyn again, because she is the only one who seems to even understand. She set me up with another gyn to do a laparoscopy.(which is where they cut ur belly button and a small cut below it to put a camera in) When my appointment came with him, he said he didnt want to do so because im only 17. So he took out my Mirena(birth control- IUD). Thinking it may be irratating my uterus, also he stuck me on birth control pills, he said would cure endometriosis if that was the cause. Its been two weeks later now, and im still in pain and bleeding every coulpe days. So i went back to my regular gyn and she set me up with another one.
    If anyone has any clue or has any similar experiences i would appreciate some help.

• Hi Damen's Mommy,

Sorry to hear of your problems. It sucks to deal with that and not REALLY know what's wrong. I thought I would share my story, maybe it can help you.

I was having some irregular bleeding, heavy periods and bright red bleeding when not on my period. My Dr. did a bimanual exam where they use their fingers from one hand inside you and press on your stomach with the other hand to feel where exactly you are having pain. (sorry if TMI!) but the pap part was normal so she did this to pinpoint the area of pain.

Anyways, she said she felt like my uterus was tilted, which often could happen when a mass is inside the uterus. I also had pain around my ovaries. Now I was for sure not pregnant, so I was rushed in for an intravaginal sonogram. Not fun, but they found I had cysts on both my ovaries and several fibroids in my uterus. Now you are statistically very young for the fibroids (they mostly occur in women over 40) but you could have cysts in your ovaries or something like that. If one burst it could cause intense pain. You may also have something like an ectopic pregnancy. I know you had the IUD, but hey, it could happen.

I don't claim to be an expert, this is just some info I've learned from researching the diagnosis they gave me.

Has your Dr. done that type of exam? Instead of the laparoscopy they could do a sono or an intravaginal sono. They can see what's going on without cutting into you!

You can ALWAYS seek a second opinion. If you feel like your Dr. is not listening or giving you proper care, go to another Dr. I ended up going to three Dr.s before they found out what was wrong with me.

You could always google "irregular bleeding" or some of your other symptoms to get other ideas. Don't scare yourself, though. Find a Dr. who will listen and won't stop till they find the problem!

Good Luck with everything and keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

• thanks for your story. it helped alot. however ive already been searched for cysts and the pain isnt in my ovaries. im seeing anoher gyn in a week and im gonna have him do the laporoscopy to check for endometriosis

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Am I dumb to love him?

Welcome to WHI. You are not dumb. Who a person ends up falling in love with is often not a conscious decision. Trying to convert a person who views having...

Today, 08:20 AM By jns
      • Reply to Squirting and Orgasms in general, help

Your partner needs to spend a lot of time on foreplay. its all about foreplay. I'm just going to come out and say it. there is too much emphasis put on...

Today, 05:34 AM By Little_Man_in_the_Boat
      • Am I dumb to love him?

Guy make it very clear to girl that it just a "transaction". If girl agreed, they will have sex. If not then there nothing left to talk about....

Today, 04:17 AM By sahw2015
      • Reply to Cleaning your sex toys

I'm a big fan of soap and warm water to clean my sex toys. I don't worry about full sterilization because I don't share my toys and they rarely get so...

Yesterday, 01:29 PM By Kayla Lords
      • Reply to Why am I crying every time we have sex?

I hear two things in this....

You're going through your own stuff - gaining weight, feeling depressed, being kind of "out of it"...

Yesterday, 01:28 PM By Kayla Lords

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X