Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice needed about my cycle

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed about my cycle

Hi all, I did put this in the birth control section but have no replies...thought you all may be able to offer some advice.

I did call my doc, but so far, no call back...
    I am in my 30's and have been on the pill for about 15 years. Always perfect use.

Last pack there were a few times I was late in taking the pill...just by a few hours, I normally take it at 8pm, but there were a few nights I realized at 10 or 11 and took it.
    Once during my 3rd active week I missed a pill but took it at 8am the next morning and finished the pack out fine.
    Got my period/bleed on Tuesday as normal.

Does not so perfect usage carry in to the next pack? i.e. I started the next/new pack on time but had unprotected sex w/my husband that night. I don't know why I am worried....I guess because I've always been so good about taking them on time.

if I had my period on time and started the new on time, is it fair to say I was protected? thanks so much!

• Let me get this right... You had your period normally, had sex a couple of nights later, and have been taking the new pack according to schedule?

The first few days after your period (even if you're not on birth control) are generally "safe". No eggs have been released yet, so there's nothing to impregnate. (I wasn't allowed to use the pill, so learned a lot about sympto-thermal method - had unprotected sex with my husband for 5 years with no pregnancies).

Sounds to me like you're protected.

Comment

• thanks for your reply. yes, I did get my period on my inactive week and then started correctly.

Last pack was the first time in years I wasn't so great on taking my pills. I just wasn't so sure how long mistakes carried over.

just had one of those 'uh-oh' moments...thank you again.

Comment

• Yeah I remember doing that in high school... Miss one pill, take it the next day, but still freaked and worried for weeks until my period showed up. If you'd said you'd only been on the pill for a couple of months, I'd be a little more concerned. Mistakes don't really carry over to the next month, not that I recall anyway. Happy play time

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X