Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 and STILL almost no period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 and STILL almost no period

I'm 22 years old and still almost never get a period
    I have my period about 4 times per year, and my cycles are highly irregular. Some are just 30 days apart, others can be more than 100 days apart.

I have been this way ever since I started having periods when I was about 14 or 15. I was sexually active for 2 months when I was 19 with my then long-term boyfriend. I have been abstinent for the 3, nearly 4, years since we broke up. We did have unprotected sex; however, to my knowledge my partner did not have an STD, and in the years since, I have not noticed anything (redness, bumps, etc.) that might suggest I have one.

Just recently, I was on birth control, trying to regulate my periods. I stopped a few weeks ago because I experienced tiredness and weakness using the pill Orthocept (desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol). Please advise.
    12 or younger
    25.00%
    13-16
    25.00%
    17-19
    0.00%
    20 or older
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

• my problem was the same as yours exept not as severe. I started using the Nuva ring when i was 20 and i have been able to actually know within hous when i will get my period. i find that it works very well with me but you should check with your doctor to see if it is right for you. i hope that when i go off the ring i will be able to stay consistent but i wont know until i get to that point. good luck

Comment

• Twins

Hi, you sound like me. I'm 28 years old and have never had a normal cycle. I come on 4 times a year for about 3 weeks each. In all actuality, it turns out to be my 12 cycles a year. I am not consistant at all. I talked to my doctor and she said that abnormal cycles are normal. You just will not be able to tell if you are pregnant. I used BC for about a year off and on and my cycles were regular. I stopped because I had not use for them. My cycles are back to their abnormal normal state, 4 times a year. I am a bit concerned right now but I will save that for later.

Shy

Comment

• I feel the same. I am 29 years old and have always had an irregular period. My husband and I wanted to start to try to have children so I kept a log of my cycles. I had the following cycle.

August 31-September 3
        October 6-October 9
        November 30 - December 4
        Thought I was prego, but not
        March 30-April 4
        June 11 -

I have gone to have a trans vaginal ultrasound before my last period to find out that the lining of my uterous is thicker than normal. Normally it is between 8 and 12 millileters and mine was 15 millileters. I am going to have another ultrasound next week to see how thick it is after this cycle.
        Fatn Fiorentino

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X