Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so confused

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so confused

I'm 16 years old and i havent had my period in 2 months. the last time i got it was a week or 2 after having intercourse. i've shown no syptoms of pregnancy, but i sont know what to do... i read something that now has me thinking i might have something called secondary amenorrhea and it can be caused by stress (including from thinking i'm pregnant). could someone please help me??

by the way i havent seen a doctor or taken any tests... i'm afraid to tell my mom

• Did you use protection? Either way you should get a test. Do you drive? Next time you can get out go to the grocery store or pharmacy and take the test in the bathroom there. Or have your boyfriend pick one up and take it at school.

If your going to be having sex you should get on birth control. There are local clinics that keep your info private so you don't have to worry about your parents. You can get shots that last for months so you don't have to worry about having pills laying around or have to remember to take them.

I was once in your situation and I feel for you. I'm 28 now and hope to have an open relationship with my kids so when there ready they can feel free to come and talk to me about this kind of stuff. Good Luck!!!

Comment

• Go get a test from the store. Also if your having problems with your periods late tell your mother and be like i think there is something wrong maybe i should go to them womens clinic and have it checked out you could always tell your mom you would rather her be out of the room or soemthing and talk to the doctor about pills

you could jsut have screwy periods because that how i was and they prescribed me birth control to fix it....that way your parents arent like OMG NO YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TOO MUCH SEX! lol
      :cool:

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X