Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really eager to understand my female friend more, so..

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really eager to understand my female friend more, so..

Hi everyone

Let me start by saying I am a male, and I have a female friend that I really care about, but she told me about menstruation. I don't really understand much about this, so that is why I really really would love to learn more about it.

I will say here what I think of it, please do not flame me if I make a mistake, all I want to do is to simply understand it better therefore knowing my friend better and support her.

Ok lets start:

Is it true that every month, at the beginning (or maybe middle? or even end?) of each month, girls from puberty to menopause ALL experience menstruation? And how long does it go for? I heard it can be from as short as 3 days to....even 28 days, whole month?

So what happens in the menstruation process? How can it affect mood swings, emotional feelings, etc.?

Basically, even a website that can show me about this....I really do appreciate it everyone....

Please...once again...I am not here to troll...I am here to find out more about this so I can understand females better and help my friend.

Thank you

• I am sorry, but I cannot seem to edit?

I just did more research, tell me if I am correct

Put simply menstruation is like this

From puberty to Menopause age (45-55), girls will start menstruation. This is basically......hormones in the female's body system that produces eggs? And the eggs have to come out of the body, and they come out along with the blood, correct? And this happens on average every 28 days, but some girls it can be 24 days or even 35 days correct? And while menstruation is happening, the girl's moods may be affected emotionally, also her physical stuff? As for how long menstruation goes for, it can go from 3 to maybe 7 days, am I right?

Phew thats it! I hope i get it right? So what can a guy do to help his friend when she is having menstruation? Also, how can a guy know if a girl's period/menstruation is at the beginning, middle or even end of month? Or is he not supposed to know?

Thank you people!

Comment

• Also,

1. How can a guy know if she is about to have menstruation? If it happens at the end of a month, does it mean she will have it at the end of the next month? Or is it totally random?
      2. So does a girl wear pads EVERY single day?
      3. Does the girl herself know she is going to have it? What are the symptoms?

Comment

• Hi....I hope someone will enlighten me on this.... thank you...

Comment

• Your second post is pretty accurate. Good for you for doing some research.

Basically, to know when a woman is on her period, you have to ask... There is no way of telling unless you watch the trash can after she uses the restroom to see if there is a pad or tampon wrapper in there. Some men can smell it, as sometimes a women's body odor changes slightly when she is getting ready to menstruate. Not unpleasant or anything it is just different from her normal smell. However, the one's that are that in tune with their woman's smell are generally in longer term relationships.

If it happens at the end of this month, then yes, chances are it will happen at the end of next month. On average, like you said, 28 days from the start of her period this month. However, we all have different cycles. I've had time where I've only had a period every few months. I've gone through times where I've had a 38-35 day cycle and now currently I have a 23-25 day cycle, I've had this for about the last 6 months.

No, a girl generally does not wear a pad every single day, just when on her period or she may choose to wear a tampon. Some women do elect to wear very very thing panty liners.

Yes, usually a girl will know when she is going to have it. It's called PMS, Pre Menstrual Syndrome. The symptoms can be one or many of the following: cramps, tender breasts, lower back ache, headaches, moodiness, irritability, sensitive to emotions in general, may easily cry, fatigue, changes in libido, cravings (especially sweet or salty stuff), bloating, acne, nausea. I'm sure there are a few more that I haven't thought of.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanaBear View Post
            Your second post is pretty accurate. Good for you for doing some research.

Basically, to know when a woman is on her period, you have to ask... There is no way of telling unless you watch the trash can after she uses the restroom to see if there is a pad or tampon wrapper in there. Some men can smell it, as sometimes a women's body odor changes slightly when she is getting ready to menstruate. Not unpleasant or anything it is just different from her normal smell. However, the one's that are that in tune with their woman's smell are generally in longer term relationships.

If it happens at the end of this month, then yes, chances are it will happen at the end of next month. On average, like you said, 28 days from the start of her period this month. However, we all have different cycles. I've had time where I've only had a period every few months. I've gone through times where I've had a 38-35 day cycle and now currently I have a 23-25 day cycle, I've had this for about the last 6 months.

No, a girl generally does not wear a pad every single day, just when on her period or she may choose to wear a tampon. Some women do elect to wear very very thing panty liners.

Yes, usually a girl will know when she is going to have it. It's called PMS, Pre Menstrual Syndrome. The symptoms can be one or many of the following: cramps, tender breasts, lower back ache, headaches, moodiness, irritability, sensitive to emotions in general, may easily cry, fatigue, changes in libido, cravings (especially sweet or salty stuff), bloating, acne, nausea. I'm sure there are a few more that I haven't thought of.
            Great post, LB.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Thank you so much that greatly helps!

Alright...now I remember somemore:

Again, I am not trolling, just wanting to find out.

What happens if... a girl makes love while close to menstruation? Or even worse, while she is menstruating? Maybe it is impossible because she will know long before the day? So if that is the case, what is the best time for her to make love? Before or after menstruation?

Comment

• Women can have sex while on their periods. You'll still want to use protection, because she can get pregnant and you can still spread STDs while menstruating. Some couples refuse to have sex during menstruation, while others claim it makes the sex better. It's something you should talk about with your friend and make sure you both are comfortable if you choose to have sex during her period.

Comment

• Lol no, I wont have sex or anything, just for my knowledge.

So it is fine when she is menstruating? I mean....well....sigh......what if .....

what if she releases blood while intercourse? Really, I am just trying to ask thats all...

So will the guy's penis be covered with blood or something?

Comment

• So will the guy's penis be covered with blood or something?
                    Depends on how her cycle is going. If she is having a heavy one then it will be covered, if she is having a light period then it may be on him but light that it kinda blends in with the skin tone of his penis and only really visible once wiped off with a tissue. During sex her natural lubrication plus the extra lube from the blood can make it much more messy, most people will just put a towel down underneath them to catch anything. The guy may also choose not to look down, it will not feel much different maybe a bit more slippery but he is not going to die from it....even if some guys act like it would be the end of the world they have sex during her period.
                    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                    X