Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New on here and in need of help please

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on here and in need of help please

Hi im Claire,

Im in need of some serious help. I come of the pill in December as I got married. So about April I get a late period, then again in June. Well I go on my holidays in July and still not got my period, so did a test when got back NEGATIVE. So goes to the docs and he says nothing to worry about just carry on taking folic acid and keep fingers crossed. Well we are no in August still no period and it means now ive missed 2. So back to the docs and he says he cant/wont help me until ive missed 9 periods. So what to do now as this is really fustrating as im only 25 and im really wanting a baby Please HELP

• Hi Claire1307 and welcome!

Your doctor tells you (a 25 year old woman) to wait until you've missed 9 periods before he will help you? That's a long time to not know what's happening with you. Did he even do blood test to see if you are pregnant? They are much more reliable than urine tests. I would report him to your state licensing board with that kind of answer. But before I do that, I would look for another doctor. You need answers and he's obviously not willing to help you find them.
    Last edited by alibaby; 08-10-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Ali,

Its really hard to just sit here and not be able to do anything. He states that its really common for women to miss periods, but ive now missed two and really worried. He wont send me for bloods and he has not even done a urine sample.

x

Comment

• Well, much of what I've read says that you should be concerned if you've missed three periods or more in a row. So, as long as you're not having any unusual symptoms, such as abdominal pain, you should wait that extra month and then see another doctor if your period still hasn't arrived. Missed periods are a fairly common medical condition. Sometimes there's an underlying condition, such as pregnancy; sometimes it's a hormone fluctuaion caused by stress. But your doctors recommendation that you wait until you've missed nine periods before he will help you and no tests sounds like he's just putting you off. I hope that things will turn out for the best.

Comment

• Thanks Ali,

I will wait another month and if nothing then ill go and see another doctor,

Thanks
          x

Comment

• Dontworry

Hi claire,

My sister have been through same problem.Taking pills right after the marriage day is not a good idea.Auctually its a kind of side effect of the pill that you are having.Dont worry if there is a problem then there is a solution.Normally after taking pills one get pg after one and half year,its the time that body takes to get back in normal routine.My sister got pg after two years of her marriage.Still i will say go to the best doc,get your all test and dont take unecessary medicine if your reports are normal and last but not the least make a lot of prayers.
            Take care.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X