Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampons!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampons!!

I can no longer wear tampons because they give me urinary tract infections. Is that typical in some women or could there be something wrong inside of me to make the tampons have that effect?

• Tampons do cause these effects nothing's wrong with you, the best thing for you to do is stop using them.

Comment

• Diva

I have noticed with using tampons and pans i get a lot of pain down there, aching etc. I have developed alot of allergies after i hit the age of 25, which include: perfumes, alchohol, parabens.. the list goes on. anyways it turns out that those tampons and pads are all bleached so they look nice and white. yes just for looks they are bleached. would you ever douche with bleach?? probably not. that could be one of the reasons you are having this adverse affect.

i have seen in the grocery stores here in Ontario Canada unbleached products
      they are expensive but worth a try.

Comment

• the health stores here also have what is called a diva cup. i use this product, it is like $40.00 but you never have to buy a tampon ever again.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwilliams0817 View Post
          I can no longer wear tampons because they give me urinary tract infections. Is that typical in some women or could there be something wrong inside of me to make the tampons have that effect?
          My advice is to use good quality sanitary pads. Anion are the best!

And for urinary tract infections (both for treatment and for prevention) I recommend UTI Slip D-Mannose. It's natural treatment and really efficient.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to kid grew up

Yep... teenagers want their space. They will engage when they need something LOL!

Find some other hobbies and interests aside from parenting....

Yesterday, 11:50 AM By EmptyNester
          • kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
            husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
            I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

Yesterday, 10:35 AM By amy40
          • Reply to How to cope with great menstrual Pain?

If you feel up for it (and it would make total sense if you didn't) try masturbating -- an orgasm can sometimes (for some people) alleviate cramps. If...

Yesterday, 08:56 AM By Kayla Lords
          • Reply to How to cope with great menstrual Pain?

When you experience cramps, consider taking a warm bath or applying a heating pad, hot water bottle, or heating pad because Heat can help relax the muscles...

11-30-2022, 10:33 PM By Ronit Raj
          • Reply to My husband wants to watch me have sex with another man

I absolutely agree, Wednesday! These comments have been encouraging and supportive in every way possible. MOLLYBANKMENT, thanks so much for sharing the...

11-30-2022, 09:08 PM By Clarisse Q.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• kid grew up

my kid grew up too fast!
            husband & I are parents to a teen-8th grader
            I SO miss the young toddler years when we played all day- playdoh,...

Yesterday, 10:35 AM By amy40
          • purity culture

Does anybody think that purity culture is a form of abuse? I was raised in a southern baptist home and grew up in purity culture. Thankfully I never fell...

11-30-2022, 11:58 AM By victoriachan365
          • permanent hair removal

Has anybody ever done electrolysis or laser hair removal? I'm looking for permanent hair removal for my brazilian area as soon as I have money. I'm sick...

11-29-2022, 08:27 PM By victoriachan365
          • antimarriage and kids

I was wondering if anybody else can relate? Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and do not desire marriage or kids. Growing up in a fundamentalist...

11-29-2022, 08:20 PM By victoriachan365
          • Holidays and new relationships

I know that every single couple approaches this topic, as well as their relationship, at their own pace. Since it's the holiday season in America, I'd...

11-28-2022, 06:03 PM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X