Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad taste.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad taste.

My boyfriend says that I taste really bad during oral sex.
    And I also have an odd white colored discharge that can be very heavy.
    I wash normally, and often.
    I dont know what it could be and I'm worried.
    Is the only way to know if I have an infection to go to the doctor?
    Is there something special to wash with?
    I enjoy oral sex but he doesnt because of this.
    Help.

• It might be best to visit your GYN doctor. If you have an infection only a doctor can determine what kind of infection it is and what you should be taking for it.

Comment

• Well the fastest and most reliable way for you to find out if you have any kind of infection would be to go to the doctor. Sometimes your body can fight infections by itself, and if your hesitant to go to the doctor, then I would suggest that you eat a large amount a plain yogurt every morning to see if it helps. plain yogurt can help balance the pH of your vagina, and if your vagina has the right pH, then if might be able to fight the infection by itself. If this doesn't seem to help in about a week, then maybe you should go to the doctor. Going to the doctor is not that bad, and after you get it over with, you'll feel much better, trust me. The hardest thing to do is call and make an appointment...after that everything is a breeze. If you've been sexually active for a while now and have never received a pap smear, then this would be a good time to get that done. You'll hit two birds with one stone...you'll be able to get tested for cancerous cells AND any kind of yeast or bacterial infection all in the same visit. Just make sure to request both tests. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

• ...also, it is advised to just wash your vagina with plain water, no soap or anything special. Washing with special products can sometime result in infections because these products can alter the normal pH of the vagina and thereby enable bad bacteria to accumulate and grow. You don't need anything special to clean yourself. the vagina is a self-cleaning organism, and those discharges that we get (when they are normal) mean that it is cleaning itself. One last thing, wear cotton panties, it lets your vagina get some air, which is good.

Comment

• The best bet is to go to the doctor because you probably have some type of infection. If you really don't want to go, you could always try an over the counter yeast infection cream or pills. It may clear it up without the dr visit.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X