Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

irregular period, little worried

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irregular period, little worried

I'm new here, I'm 22 and I have had cycles anywhere from 28-36 days. My last period was on August 28th, which would bring the cycle now to about 35 days, so I am a little worried. From August until now I have lost about 25-30 pounds. I have been very stressed out with school, work, etc. I am sexually active, but my boyfriend and I are long distance at the moment and the last time we had sex was September 2 (i still had my period, it was very light because it was almost done). We use condoms. I thought about getting a test, but I am not sure because it doesn't seem to add up that I would be pregnant. Could it just be the mix of weight loss along with stress? I'm not sure whats going on Any help would be appreciated, thanks

• that doesnt sound good but when i was running A LOT i would skip my period here and there and everything at my doc app. was great.sounds like a weight loss issue.us women can never be to carefull though.i wouldnt worry but just follow through with pap appointments.try to find ways to release stress.deep breathing and meditation are great.you can do that at home in peace or buy a calming c.d.they have them at walmart by the candels.play that and think of things that relax you.go to a happy place in your mind and take slow deep breaths.good luck

Comment

• thanks for your help....still nothing today I really hope that it is stress...pregnancy doesn't seem to add up I dont think and at this point of my life there is NO WAY i can have a baby yet.....So now I am freaking out about that on top of everything else...

Comment

• Just wanted to let you know, I am no longer freaking out...my period started the other day. I think I am still going to mention to the doctor at my pap next month they have been all out of whack. Thanks again for your help!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X