Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Period Symptoms, Pregnancy, or Other Factors?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period Symptoms, Pregnancy, or Other Factors?

Hi there. I made this account because I really have no one to talk to. I'm 20 years old and recently had sex for the first time. In July, I had sex three times with my boyfriend. Those three times were the 3rd, 18th (the first day of my period), and the 31st. All times started as protected sex and ended as unprotected sex (I feel very dumb, but I guess you have to make those mistakes to learn). However, on the 3rd, I did take the morning after pill. My period came on as regular on July 18th. I usually have a 31-32 day cycle. I have no idea when I ovulate. My boyfriend didn't ejaculate in me. We used the pull-out method all times (I do realize that it is not very effective). He ejaculated the first time in a condom. He urinated after, then we had unprotected sex. He, then, finished on my stomach. After the 2nd time, he urinated again in case we would have sex again. I know it's not 100% that precum is free of sperm, but what are my chances? I'm SO sorry if this is TMI.

Sooo..here's my dilemma. I have been experiencing back pain the whole month of July (I started this new exercise on the 1st, but caught a shooting pain up my back, so I stopped). I also read that the back pain could be me getting used to sex. I have no idea which is the cause. I am dealing with a sore throat that started 2 days ago, so that's no fun (IDK why I threw that in there but it's annoying me lol).

My period should be here on the 18th or 19th.

Another dilemma: My nipples hurt when I touch them! I don't really remember having painful nipples any other time when my period was near, but I did have breast pain. This month I bought some new sports bras. They freaking smother my breasts I noticed the pain from my nipples started around the same time I started wearing them. I also started using a new body wash. Usually, when I use a new body wash, my skin breaks out. I had break outs under my breasts, behind my knees, and between my legs (as always). Could the bra being tight, my body breaking out from the body wash, and my period be possible factors that are aggravating my nipples?

I do not have any other symptoms that match pregnancy symptoms.

I realize that no one can really tell me if I'm pregnant or not, but just talking to people who have more experience that me will make me feel better. I do NOT want to be a mother. I mean I'm only 20, and I realize that I may be too young for sex or too immature, whichever it may be. I don't really have the opportunity to go out and buy a pregnancy test anytime soon, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

• Urination for your boyfriend, cleans out the urinary tract it does nothing to clean or clear out the seminal tubes, so pre-cum can still be an issue for the second go round. You need some good solid birth control. You can't rely upon the morning after pill for it all - what if you run out or can't get ahold of one. You need to figure out when you ovulate, speak to your doctor or speak with someone at a birth control clinic and determine which week is the most likely in which you could get pregnant. Remember, the formulas that say you should ovulate at XX days prior to your next period, mean that there are days before and after in which you could get pregnant as well.
    Breast pain, could mean a lot of things, hormonal changes dues to you having sex, or it could mean you are ovulating or have ovulated or will ovulate in the next day or so. In my case it meant I was ovulating. However, it could be due to the many other things you mention, the body wash, the bras etc. It also can mean an early pregnancy sign.
    Look, the only way you can be certain is to take a pregnancy test. The only way you can prevent pregnancy is to not have sex. The only reasonable way you can protect yourself from pregnancy is to take adequate precautions. That means reliable birth control, not the pull-out method, not condoms that slip off, break, tear or don't feel good.
    Also, don't forget, starting a new exercise routing can delay your period. Heaven know why, but it can so you may want to take that test to be certain you are not pregnant to put your mind at rest.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Thank you for replying. I realize it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. I'll try my best to find a way to get a pregnancy test. The thought that I could be 2-4 weeks pregnant really scares me. My boyfriend and I decided it wasn't a great idea to have unprotected sex, because I broke down crying each time we had sex. A very long time ago, I decided that I would wait until marriage. Well obviously I didn't. I guess a part of me feels guilty because I didn't stick to it. Another part of me is beyond scared because I'll be breaking my family's heart, and I'll lose all their trust if I am. I started this thread to find out if there were other women out there who had made the mistake I did who could offer some help or tell their story, and I wrote it because maybe there were other girls (younger than me maybe) who had the same question. Thank you for your help.

Comment

• Hey there. ) Well I noticed yesterday that my nipples were looking red. They looked so irritated, and they still are like that. I have stopped wearing my sports bras, and am currently looking for one with a good fit. My boyfriend helped me out to get a pregnancy test. I got First Response and took it this morning. It was negative I'm so happy. I know these tests are very accurate if taken at the right time. Do you think 16 days after the day I've had sex is long enough? Either way I am happy, but I will be getting many ice packs now :/

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to How do I know? Menopause.

My gyne said you're in menopause when you haven't had a period for a full year. Being on birth control regulates your period and your hormones so it's...

Today, 02:15 PM By Julia W.
        • Reply to Butt Eating

Ah, butt play. Hmmm...it's not my go to area to be honest. No particular reason and I applaud those who enjoy it but I'm pretty indifferent. However,...

Yesterday, 04:05 PM By Vanessa R.
        • Reply to Butt Eating

I have a story from my days running a bar that might help with your question... It was late one night, almost closing time, when my best friend/head...

05-05-2021, 09:01 PM By TJ T.
        • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

I remember when that happened. It annoyed me to say the least, her reaction to “how the other half” must live — as though it didn’t exist until...

05-04-2021, 10:19 AM By Alison H.
        • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

Wednesday L.F. I agree, but I also think that some people may not feel as if they'd "qualify" as attractive/pretty (or at least, not enough...

05-03-2021, 01:06 PM By Emily D.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Spontaneous Orgasm

Does anyone know if "spontaneous orgasm" for women is a thing? You know, like you are just going along minding your own business one moment...

04-28-2021, 09:24 AM By FeelingWeird
        • What is your favorite sex toy?

Do you have a favorite sex toy that you can't live without? What is it and where did you get it?

04-24-2021, 11:20 AM By Julia W.
        • Increased UTIs and BV with hormonal IUD?

I've had my hormonal IUD for several years now (Lyletta) and every since I got it I've been really prone to UTIs and BV/yeast infection type situations....

04-18-2021, 01:48 PM By Gena G.
        • Cleaning your sex toys

Hey WHI friends! I've been writing about cleaning sex toys. I hope people know that you should be cleaning them on the reg. Like every time you use them!...

04-16-2021, 02:22 PM By Julia W.
        • Low Arousal

Hello! New here!
          Im 31, woman married to a man. My husband is extremely helpful when it comes to sex, doing anything I might enjoy. We’ve been...

04-16-2021, 01:50 PM By CourtneyCourtney
        Working...
        X