Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help advice needed

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help advice needed

I really need some help at the moment. I am 6 days late on my period and I just want to know opinions versus just what WebMD is telling me. I am sexually active and my boyfriend and I are very careful when it comes to sex and we have never had a leak, break, or any incident. My period is fairly normal, maybe once a year I will skip a month, but it was never a problem because I was never sexually active until April of this year.

Now I realize that condoms are not 100% effective, but something is just not right. I have counted the days on my tracking app and it logically makes no sense that I would be pregnant. Yet I am 6 days late. Every month I always get cramps about a week before I physically menstruate. According to my tracker app this should have started on August 3rd approximately. But I only recently felt cramps on August 10th, when I was due for my period.

I feel crampy, like it could come any hours, but I read online that often cramps are a sign of being pregnant, but still the dates don't add up at all. I know breast tenderness is another common way to know if you are pregnant, but they aren't tender.

Can someone, another woman, please just tell me I am over thinking this because it just doesn't add up and I feel like I'm going to get it any minute now. Please I need honest opinions.

• I just took two pregnancy tests, at 7 days late, both came back negative. Yet still no period.

Comment

• There are many things that can cause you to skip a cycle or for it to be delayed. Stress is a huge factor. You are probably over thinking it. If you want the most accurate reading, take a pregnancy test first thing in the morning. They measure HcG levels and (if) you are pregnant, urine specimens from overnight would have the highest concentration of this hormone.

Just a thought, if you can take hormonal bc, it may be a good idea to do so along with the condoms. However, there are many ladies who can't so they use the temperature tracking method. Good luck!

Comment

• Thank you for the advice, it turns out that I was just stressing and I got my period after being 10 days late.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to How do I know? Menopause.

My gyne said you're in menopause when you haven't had a period for a full year. Being on birth control regulates your period and your hormones so it's...

Today, 02:15 PM By Julia W.
        • Reply to Butt Eating

Ah, butt play. Hmmm...it's not my go to area to be honest. No particular reason and I applaud those who enjoy it but I'm pretty indifferent. However,...

Yesterday, 04:05 PM By Vanessa R.
        • Reply to Butt Eating

I have a story from my days running a bar that might help with your question... It was late one night, almost closing time, when my best friend/head...

05-05-2021, 09:01 PM By TJ T.
        • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

I remember when that happened. It annoyed me to say the least, her reaction to “how the other half” must live — as though it didn’t exist until...

05-04-2021, 10:19 AM By Alison H.
        • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

Wednesday L.F. I agree, but I also think that some people may not feel as if they'd "qualify" as attractive/pretty (or at least, not enough...

05-03-2021, 01:06 PM By Emily D.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Spontaneous Orgasm

Does anyone know if "spontaneous orgasm" for women is a thing? You know, like you are just going along minding your own business one moment...

04-28-2021, 09:24 AM By FeelingWeird
        • What is your favorite sex toy?

Do you have a favorite sex toy that you can't live without? What is it and where did you get it?

04-24-2021, 11:20 AM By Julia W.
        • Increased UTIs and BV with hormonal IUD?

I've had my hormonal IUD for several years now (Lyletta) and every since I got it I've been really prone to UTIs and BV/yeast infection type situations....

04-18-2021, 01:48 PM By Gena G.
        • Cleaning your sex toys

Hey WHI friends! I've been writing about cleaning sex toys. I hope people know that you should be cleaning them on the reg. Like every time you use them!...

04-16-2021, 02:22 PM By Julia W.
        • Low Arousal

Hello! New here!
          Im 31, woman married to a man. My husband is extremely helpful when it comes to sex, doing anything I might enjoy. We’ve been...

04-16-2021, 01:50 PM By CourtneyCourtney
        Working...
        X