Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New on the forum and a bit unsure as to what is going on with my body.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on the forum and a bit unsure as to what is going on with my body.

Hi Everyone I'm new here and I joined because I need some advice/someone to shed some light on this :/
    11 Days ago I had my normal period, from the 7th-12th as normal for me I have a 28 days cycle I'd of been ovulating the 19-24th and yesterday I had brown spotting when I wiped I did go to the Dr as my boyfriend and I had sex with a condom that broke so just to make sure nothing was left inside like a part of the condom I went to the Dr she said everything was fine nothing was stuck and the spotting should stop, this morning however I began bleeding, its watery red blood that started off brown and watery not overly painful and had no warning unlike my periods normally give me, I honestly don't know what it could be, does this mean I've ovulated faster and my body is working quicker or is it implantation bleeding though its redish brown not bright red and watery but having cramping. I can't get another Dr's appointment till next week now and I'm really confused as I'm never late and never early am I still ovulating or because I'm bleeding again I'm not?
    Thank you for any advice/knowledge.

• Hi Faye,

Firstly I can state that when we stress out over these things for what ever reason, some people spot or bleed especially if there are other things going on in our lives.

Secondly, are you on the pill?

A lot of girls go on the pill, not because they are sexually active but that their body starts changing and their periods become as you describe.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Hi, Thank you for getting back to me, I've not had this before the spotting and now its more like I've started my period very early :/ I haven't seemed to be stressed or anything but maybe I have been. And no I'm not on the pill I was about 2-3 months ago and my periods where erratic then but have gone back to normal until now when I started bleeding again. Not a happy bunny over it

Comment

• Sucks being a woman

It sounds as if, to me. That as you went off the pill, your body is trying to work out where it is at. If the pill worked before there is a reason. It does regulate things, if it didn't cause any other effects? Go back on it. But if it did? Seek advise as to a lower dosage.

Comment

• It does suck being a woman. Before I started the pill I was always regular and on time when I stopped it I was all over the place and the past two months have been fine until yesterday when I started spotting, I appreciate your advice though really just calmed me down, I'll wait and see how things go before taking it again just because my body before it was fine since then the pill has regulated everything I need my periods to be normal again xx

Comment

• That's the one thing I wanted to ask actually. Since I've already had a period and I'm now bleeding again 12 days later (today is 12 days) will I ovulate again since this is a period and no longer spotting? or will I ovulate next month? thank you again xx

Comment

• Second guess

Honestly? The moment your periods are out of wack, you need to use a condom until they get back into a system again and then, after one month after your period.

You may have to wait a few months to see whether your body is "ok" without the pill and goes back to regular periods or if you really need the pill to assist.

Comment

• That's very true, its not fun having a wacky period but its much lighter which I'm happy about haha I was never heavy heavy but a little bit more than usual so far though no more cramps (hurray!) Haven't been in pain at all day and I will continue using condoms don't worry we aren't planning anything yet got many years to be a mum and so far feel much happier without the pill

Comment

• You know I have to agree with you, it is chemicals that we are putting in our body.

If you can accept spotting and in-consistencies and condoms Then go for it is all I have to say in a positive light.

Comment

• Thank you for talking to me very glad I joined this forum . When I was on the pill I was really moody and I didn't like it so I'm glad I stopped it but condoms do a good enough job, I've always been careful and I'll continue to. It does feel odd though bleeding without the pains or headaches....at least thats a good thing haha.

Comment

• lols.

Wait till you reach an older era apparently, you never get them again, none of it

I've just read a post of yours, glad you choose to hang about.

For the record if your question has mixed thoughts a lot of our members reply, if it's knowledge to a degree once one has no one does

Comment

• I can't wait to have kids and then when I'm older stop my periods yay haha. I do like being on here its nice to have people to talk to and answer things that are bothering me I'll try my best to give advice and such myself somethings though just go over my head haha xx

Comment

• I can see you are a character :P

Lucky it's your thread or I'd be hi-jacking it making that statement

Comment

• Haha yep I am, I'm really quiet crazy in the funniest way possible. feel free to hijack.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• The Submissive Husband & Dominant Wife Dynamic — Let's Talk About BDSM!

When we think of “submissive” husbands, we might envision some quiet, meek guy who is excessively subservient to his wife.

But the truth...

Today, 06:09 PM By Gena G.
                            • Reply to How do I know? Menopause.

My gyne said you're in menopause when you haven't had a period for a full year. Being on birth control regulates your period and your hormones so it's...

Today, 02:15 PM By Julia W.
                            • Reply to Butt Eating

Ah, butt play. Hmmm...it's not my go to area to be honest. No particular reason and I applaud those who enjoy it but I'm pretty indifferent. However,...

Yesterday, 04:05 PM By Vanessa R.
                            • Reply to Butt Eating

I have a story from my days running a bar that might help with your question... It was late one night, almost closing time, when my best friend/head...

05-05-2021, 09:01 PM By TJ T.
                            • Reply to Do You Think Pretty Privilege Is A Real Thing? If So, How?

I remember when that happened. It annoyed me to say the least, her reaction to “how the other half” must live — as though it didn’t exist until...

05-04-2021, 10:19 AM By Alison H.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                            X