Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black period colour throughout my whole period HELP!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black period colour throughout my whole period HELP!

Right guys i started spotting on Tuesday 13th of August to friday 16th and the colour of it was brown/dark brownish.
    Then it faded away so i thought it was gone, then on the Sunday 18th August when my period was due im pretty sure, i had sex with my boyfriend (sorry this is disgusting) but he had abit of blood on the condom and it was redish/brown, then the next day it was black completely but it was not as much amount as my normal period normally is? it carried on like that till about thursday 22nd where it started to fade and turn to spotting and it eventually stoped on the 25th Sunday?

i'm pretty scared cause i don't know if its pregnancy or either old blood like most of the googled stuff i googled please help thank you!

• I'd say the brown is old blood, I'm bleeding now after 13 days from my last period (not cool) and to begin with it was dark brown and is now a redish brown to light red, sorry I know its not nice to talk about but have you had any black/brown clots at all? If you had rough sex sometimes you can bleed a little bit, maybe its very old blood, have you been on birth control it could be that? If you're very concerned I'd suggest the Dr just to ease your worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faye13 View Post
      I'd say the brown is old blood, I'm bleeding now after 13 days from my last period (not cool) and to begin with it was dark brown and is now a redish brown to light red, sorry I know its not nice to talk about but have you had any black/brown clots at all? If you had rough sex sometimes you can bleed a little bit, maybe its very old blood, have you been on birth control it could be that? If you're very concerned I'd suggest the Dr just to ease your worry.

Comment

• sorry didn't mean to send that up there!^

well anyways it was dark brown throughout the whole of my period no redness or anything went on to the pad, and no there was no clots or anything like that i'm pretty sure, and i'm not on birth control either, hopefully you're right that it is very old blood, thanks for the advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by iJ.t View Post
          sorry didn't mean to send that up there!^

well anyways it was dark brown throughout the whole of my period no redness or anything went on to the pad, and no there was no clots or anything like that i'm pretty sure, and i'm not on birth control either, hopefully you're right that it is very old blood, thanks for the advice!
          No problem, if it continues when you have another period go to the Dr and find out, I've had the same thing. Sometimes your body just needs to get rid of everything that can build up.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X