Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brown discharge...?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brown discharge...?

Hello, My name is Alissa and I'm new at this site. I have a question to ask. and i appreciate any help you can give me. Okay yesterday i noticed that there was this dark brown mucousy discharge coming out of me. today i checked and theres nothing. I havent had my period this month yet, and i am sexually active. I have no crampy pains, but my breasts are sore. I take birth control pills everyday. What could this mean? Thanks for all your help!!

• brown discharge

im not really sure but you need to see a doctor

Comment

• You are not alone!!! I thought I was the only that was going through this. Every month during my period I have a dark brown bloody discharge along with my regular period. This happens every month. I have had pap smears but they come out "normal". I just recently admitted to my husband that I have pain during sex and I told my doctor so I have medication for it. That still didn't stop the brown discharge. Keep seeing the doctors until you find out what is wrong with you. Even though they will make you feel like everything is okay it will be a load off of your sholders to know. Well maybe I need to take my own advise.
      God is love, Always

Toni

Comment

• I might have a simlilar issue. I JUST started haveing my oen period last Dec. For the first time in 5 years I started a period w/out any medication! I was stoked because my hubby and I want to have a baby. This past year I had about 3 periods (on my own, which is weird because ai would go a year w/out one, until I seen my doc and he would give me privera). But last week, I had brown discharge (I assumed a period was on it's way), but nothing after that! The next evening there was little redish/brown discharge, but none the next, now today, very little brown.

Is my period toying with me? Is it signs of pregnancy? Should I expect the crimson flood to open?

Comment

• Originally posted by vballchic521 View Post
          Hello, My name is Alissa and I'm new at this site. I have a question to ask. and i appreciate any help you can give me. Okay yesterday i noticed that there was this dark brown mucousy discharge coming out of me. today i checked and theres nothing. I havent had my period this month yet, and i am sexually active. I have no crampy pains, but my breasts are sore. I take birth control pills everyday. What could this mean? Thanks for all your help!!
          When I do menstrate, it always has the brown discharge, I just associated it with old blood, because as my flow picked up the brown went away.

Also BC can mess with the hormones, your body can be try to menstrate but the hormones in the pill can be telling your body "NOT YET". Hormones are testy little things.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X