Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What things increases the flow?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What things increases the flow?

Hi all I am new and I suffer from very heavy flow. One night it was so bad I had to sleep over the toilet. My periods last 9-11 days and the first few days are so bad I have to wear adult pull ups with over night pads.

I really want to solve this naturally. I don't want BC. I am tring to change my diet. What foods increase the flow? The reason I ask is because I want to know what to avoid. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies, but I also am a junk food junkie and i don't eat red meat. TIA.

• i'm not sure if food has anything to do with the flow of your period. i know bc isn't pleasant but maybe consider a depo shot. i have tried every type of birth control known. some better than others. well i used depo for about 7 years and it will probaly stop your periods all together which is wonderful. i didn't have a period the whole time i was on depo. well good luck, Lynne
    LYNNE

Comment

• Maybe ask a gyneocologist?

Period flows that heavy aren't normal.Have you talked to your doctor about it?

Either way I think that you should go to a gyneocologist

Sorry I can't be of more help

Comment

• Sorry it took so long to get back. I have a history of cyst and the docter recommended BC. Everytime I go to have the cyst looked at, they have already burst.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X