Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please?

So I've been having a variety of problems for the past 2 years, but recently these issues have grown unbearable. I'll give a little background before I get into the real issues. I'm a fairly healthy 19 y/o and I've only been sexually active the past 6 months with the same person, who has also only ever been with me. My periods have been completely regular my entire life thus far and I have only been on BC the last 3 months. Okay. So for a few years I've been plagued by this strange abdominal pain. I had never had cramps before and this pain was never during my period. Only after and it lasted almost the entire month. Just recently, like starting in July, I started having strange periods. I figured the cause was my birth control, but I was suddenly also having brown discharge. This discharge happened all month and has a terrible odor but wasn't happening directly before or after my period. It gradually got heavier and heavier until I was having to wear a pad just for the discharge. Next, I started getting extremely bad abdominal pain. It was constant and making me physically ill. My period for the last few months has been very strange as well. Especially my last cycle. It lasted a total of 22 days. On and off brown discharge and actual blood. I got a break for two days and then I had a regular period lasting 9 days. Usually my periods are always 6-7 days. I visted the ob/gyn and the did cultures but they all came back negative. I ended up in the er and got an ultrasound which showed an ovarian cyst which my gyno shook off as a stray egg. This past weekend I was in the er again because the pain and got a ct scan which didn't show anything. I had been nauseous and unable to go number 2 the past few days as well as bloated. I'm tired of being so sick and in pain. Does anyone have an idea or advice for me please?

• How big was the cyst?
    “...choose to believe in your own myth
    your own glamour
    your own spell
    a young woman who does this
    (even if she is just pretending)
    has everything....”
    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• They didn't tell me. And my gyno was pretty adamant that it was nothing. Big enough to see on an ultrasound. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Comment

• I only asked as your symptoms sound just like you have ovarian cysts. It might be that the cyst you had burst and now things will be ok. I had similar issues with a tiny cyst that resolved itself...the technician doing the ultrasound said it was probably just an egg being released but because of my pain etc I was invited back for a second check weeks later and it was gone.
        I think the digestive symptoms are unrelated, though if you are constipated this will add to abdominal pain...take a laxative and see what your next cycle is like.
        “...choose to believe in your own myth
        your own glamour
        your own spell
        a young woman who does this
        (even if she is just pretending)
        has everything....”
        ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
        • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X