Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painful sex problem...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painful sex problem...

I'm a 34 yr old woman, recently engaged to an average endowed guy, happy, & otherwise healthy. The problem is I feel a sharp pain and pressure during intercourse with my fiance'. Certain positions like missionary don't cause nearly as much pain, but are still uncomfortable.
    I think something is wrong with my cervix, but I just had a pap test last month that was normal. I'm not sure where to go with this. I've been having this problem for months now & had 2 large, benign cysts removed from my right ovary in November 2007, which my Dr believed was the source of the pain. Now it's January & I'm healed, but still having the same pain during sex.....
    Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks so much!

• Have you had a vaginal/pelvic ultrasound?

Some women get very tender when they're ovulating, and sex can hurt. Some women have a tilted uterus, and certain positions can be very uncomfortable. I had uterine fibroids, benign cysts that were in my uterus and made sex very painful at certain times of the month.

I don't think a pap would have indicated if something other than pre-cancerous cells were in your cervix - a pap smear is to my knowledge specifically to check for irregular cells.

I wish I could give you more help. That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

• you could be dry down there when you're having sex. with my boyfriend the last few times we had sex it hurt and got worse each time. you could be thinking about it too much and that would make it worse b/c you'll tighten up more too the more you think about the pain. thats what happened to me, i'm hopin it was just b/c i was dryer then usual while havin sex so maybe for you if you get some lube and use some maybe the pain will go away? hopefuly it will!

Comment

• you have a tipped uterus which causes the penis to hit your cervix. You can get a surgery (the UPLIFT procedure) to correct it but short of asking him not to thrust so deep thats all you can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittychick View Post
          I'm a 34 yr old woman, recently engaged to an average endowed guy, happy, & otherwise healthy. The problem is I feel a sharp pain and pressure during intercourse with my fiance'. Certain positions like missionary don't cause nearly as much pain, but are still uncomfortable.
          I think something is wrong with my cervix, but I just had a pap test last month that was normal. I'm not sure where to go with this. I've been having this problem for months now & had 2 large, benign cysts removed from my right ovary in November 2007, which my Dr believed was the source of the pain. Now it's January & I'm healed, but still having the same pain during sex.....
          Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
          Thanks so much!
          Hi there

I have had the same problem for the last 2 years with my boyfriend. He is very large and he is circumcised, so he's a little more angular at the top of his penis than anyone who hasnt been circumcised. I had never had pain with any previous partners but then again he was the first who was as big and who had had the snip. I also have a tilted cervix so when he goes too deep and jabs me on the cervix it can hurt and sometimes make me bleed a little after sex. My doctor has assured me this is fairly common and just to take it easy in the sack. If you're worried go back to your doctor, or if that fails then just use loads of lube to keep things smooth and also keep your hands on his hips when he's thrusting as that way you have a little more control. Hope this helps

Comment

• OH.. i have a tipped uterus. I don't think its much though.. I just demand to have sex in the same position that is comfortable and gets me off. lol. I read a lot about it and doing kegal exercising can actually move it. Try doing these once a day for a few minutes and see if it helps. If it doesn't with the pain..it will surely help your orgasm. the pc muscles getting stronger is never a bad thing.
            attitude..it follows us around. It can be like a smelly sock or a sweet perfume. Others can tell. Be confident.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X